• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who is your fave Toronto based house DJ?

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Tough call, espescially with such a diverse house crowd and the depth of the talent in this city. I'd have to give the nod to Mike Gleeson, by a slim margin over all the incredible people making noise in Toronto. Really all comes down to personal preference and mikey's proved he can switch it up in several different sounds (which happen to coincide nicely with my personal tastes). Also one of the classiest cats out there when he's not wearing a fucking ridiculous hawaiian shirt.

I'll also give a nod to Rich Hope and Luis Guzman as two of the city's best untapped resources.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

nate

TRIBE Member
tim patrick is hands down the best in the city!

others:

myka - needs to play more
s& h - always brings the party tracks!
jelo - rips it on the regular
dekoze - who has more fun behind the decks?

DaftPunky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tonep
not fucking matt lunnen thats for sure:D
Isn't that the guy who quit being a dj so he could join a band of roaming gypsies, selling trinkets and whatnot?

If it wasn't him that sent me this postcard, then I have no idea.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vinder

TRIBE Member
i think it really depends what flavour of house you are talkign about, as not all the dj's selected necessarily play the same "type" of house.

i've always liked stretch and hooker, as far as my definition of house goes.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I think you would have to categorize it:

For the Funky: Gryphon tied with Gleeson
For the West Coasty Deep: Jeremy Jive w/ Gleeson a close second
For the East Coasty Deep: To tough to call so many great djs.
For the Techy: Tim Patrick tied with Lee Osbourne(can't believe nobody has mentioned him yet)
For The Big Club Sound: Dekoze hands down with Sydney Blue and TK not far behind
For the dirty bath house early morning rub off dj there can be no other than Matt Lunnen.

Best untapped: Rich Hope, Sarah Mixington.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agent Smith
If you're looking for smooth mixing, then I agree. But I love the aggressive, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants style of Paul Oakenfold.

The guy is a nut.
I never knew you liked Trance, Colin.

DaftPunky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by circle
I never knew you liked Trance, Colin.
I did. He told me not to tell anyone though.

He's also kept every glowstick he's ever twirled throughout the years. I felt kinda bad when I refused a lightshow he once offered.

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DaftPunky
I did. He told me not to tell anyone though.

He's also kept every glowstick he's ever twirled throughout the years. I felt kinda bad when I refused a lightshow he once offered.
Dude, Colin's lightshows to Paul Oakenfold's sets are legendary.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit