• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who is PETER RAUHOFER?

TheVibe

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know who Peter Rauhofer is...on of the headliners at the Guv event on Thurs? I'm not sure whether he is prog or tech or something else DJ.

I do know that he's playing in the Guv main room which I'd think would make him likely a tech DJ?, but he's playing after Tom Stephan who's prog, while Lawler, one of my fav prog DJ's is playing before Arman Van Burren, a big tech DJ in the Kool Haus.

Basically I'm confused. I would have liked/expected Lawler and Stephan to play in the Kool Haus back-to-back, not in competing time slots in different rooms. I'm trying to decide whether to go or not, and it will (likely) depend on who Peter Rauhofer is given that AVB is playing the late night stretch in Kool Haus.

Thanks

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Peter Rauhofer is the man behind Star 69. He is pretty much full on tribal circuit house.

The reason that Stephan and him are in the guv is because idream has traditional been geared towards a gay crowd. Rauhofer and Stephan are both gay DJs. The Koolhaus side is meant to appeal to a straight crowd.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
He's got a couple of mixes out. There's an essential mix cd that's two disc and actually very prog (which is a bit odd considerint what he usually plays) and another one, which escapes me right now.

Originally posted by coleridge
Peter Rauhofer is the man behind Star 69. He is pretty much full on tribal circuit house.

The reason that Stephan and him are in the guv is because idream has traditional been geared towards a gay crowd. Rauhofer and Stephan are both gay DJs. The Koolhaus side is meant to appeal to a straight crowd.

Not that you are making a comment on the gay crowd, but I have in the past had lots of fun at 'gay' parties. Oftentimes you will find the hottest women at gay parties, they are having fun, ripping it up, dancing hard etc. Sure, you may have to deal with a couple of guys shirtless and hitting on you, but overall I have always found the vibe very, very friendly. Not to mention that big booming gay house, is some of my favorite shit. Tom Stephan is up there as one of my favorite DJs. I can only explain his style as dark and dirty.....very sexy. That said, Lawler to me is very similar in style too.

Parties that I am thinking about, which were 'gay', but I had tons of fun at are: Fashion cares, Stereo in MTL etc.

I have never seen or heard Rauhofer, so this may be reason enough to check him out. If it is overly gay, I can always slip back into the KH and check out Armen, who I also have never seen.

Interesting. I think I may be there now.

T

SKIB

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Magical White Isle
I can always slip back into the KH and check out Armen, who I also have never seen.

don't worry... you're not missing much...

apparently his sets just keeping getting worse and worse everytime he comes back to TO

i saw him at state and he was alright i guess considering i was still sort of into trance at the time... but ian ossia and orkidea still stole the show : )

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by SKIB
don't worry... you're not missing much...

apparently his sets just keeping getting worse and worse everytime he comes back to TO

i saw him at state and he was alright i guess considering i was still sort of into trance at the time... but ian ossia and orkidea still stole the show : )

I thought Armin sucked at the state party but I love his live sets that I grab every once in a while. For the odd time when I listen to trance he is mos def one of my faves.

Ossia was indeed sic that night as well.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Magical White Isle
Sure, you may have to deal with a couple of guys shirtless and hitting on you, but overall I have always found the vibe very, very friendly
Have you ever been to an iDream party? I went to the Tenaglia show a few years ago, and it was filled with tons of roid raging shirtless wonders. Angry crowd.

Worst crowd ever.

The music was fantastic, but the crowd sucked.

Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Have you ever been to an iDream party? I went to the Tenaglia show a few years ago, and it was filled with tons of roid raging shirtless wonders. Angry crowd.

Worst crowd ever.

The music was fantastic, but the crowd sucked.

No I haven't, which is why I said what I said.

I appreciate your comments, not sure as to what I will do yet. Didn't Victor Calderone spin last years event?

Hmmmmm.....roid raging shirtless wonders, and angry ones at that.....not what I want in a night out.

DT spreads the vibe of being yourself. I would imagine the music was insane, too bad the crowd didn't match.

What are people in this thread doing? You guys going?

Tearer

TRIBE Member
Rauhofer played one of my favourite sets of the year at Stereo in 2001.

I can't even put it into words.

Thierry, I think you'd have loved it.