• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

who has music on iTunes?

neuphoria

TRIBE Member
who here has music on iTunes? (also give a description please of yer music... house, death metal, death-house-metal, whatever.) i'll start...

artist name: Shinjuku Zulu
CD: Various Chimeras
desc: dance + downtempo electronica (mashup-ish), multiple singers/rappers

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
LOL, I have no clue how I ended up on iTunes or on Walmart, but I'm there...

as DeepSix and GeeSixCru

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

neuphoria

TRIBE Member
you mean you gave permission to be on cd and didn't know it was going onto iTunes, or you never gave permission in any way period but they used a track...?

and when you contacted the label, what did they say?

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
I mean that I had no part in making the link up - the record label was free to distribute it as they saw fit.

neuphoria

TRIBE Member
quite surprised that there aren't more tribers w/music up on iTunes (as it does 80% of world d'load sales).

if post in general section, would be more replies?

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
if you're looking to get your stuff on iTunes... you'll want to check out CD Baby: http://cdbaby.net/dd

between working with them and other sites like beatport etc directly... you could cover most of the mainstream music sites out there.

I plan on using them later this year when I finally get an albums worth of music ready to retail. From the research I did a couple of months ago, they were the best and most open system going.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
you have to pay a $35 for them to setup the album. and if you want a UPC barcode you need to pay them $20 for that also....

so per album you'd need to pay $55. for setup.

but thats not bad compared to the other services out there.... and if you find better... tell me cause i'm on the hunt.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
My i-tunes album is almost complete! I'm very excited to start charging friends and well wishers for what they once would have received for free. : ]

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or joking...

but either way, power to you for doing it! I figure if there's no way to purchase the tunes, nobody will pay for em. But atleast if there's a way to purchase them... maybe 1 in 100 of those downloads might have paid,... why not try. Atleast you'll know what the real value of the music is.

If it doesn't work... you can always go back to giving it away. But if you never try,... you don't know.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
I'm being serious, putting tons of work into this album. It'll be nice to get some $ support for all my hard work, and it will give more people a chance to grab my tunes.

musork

TRIBE Member
Sal De Ban said:
noise factory? they're still around? who are you????
opps sorry its taken a little while to reply
yes noise factory records is still around where have you been dude...
lotsof great artists on Noise Factory: tinkertoy, beef terminal, minisystem, hexs and ohs just to name a couple.
I produce under the name of naw which is who I am... ;)