• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who has Friday off from work?

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
I don't, I have to work 6 hours.
Tried to get out of it.

My reason was that I'm an alter boy and I have to be at all three masses. My supervisor believed it but i messed up and started laughing as he gave the okay and went with it.

DAvo

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

dyad

TRIBE Member
I do and this is the first *proper* long weekend since I quit the part time job and took on the 9-5 proper and im not even going crazy tonight

i arranged lunch plans with my mum tomorrow in chinatown since i figure I'll be up at the usual time anyway (earlier if the boy actually gets me up for the star trek marathon *we have arranged the lunch plans to follow khan and avoid search for spock*)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I work... 4:30 - 2am :(

But I'm on my way to decadence right now... maybe I'll just call in "tired" for a couple hours.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
G-FrEsH said:
I don't, I have to work 6 hours.
Tried to get out of it.

My reason was that I'm an alter boy and I have to be at all three masses. My supervisor believed it but i messed up and started laughing as he gave the okay and went with it.

DAvo

Instead of making excuses you could just explain what "statutory holiday" means to your employer!

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Not my SO... he's been at work since 5 and will be there until 3... I am going to study until 1, so I guess I am sort of not off either.

seeker

TRIBE Member
I_bRAD said:
Instead of making excuses you could just explain what "statutory holiday" means to your employer!
you mean that the employer has to pay you time + 1/2 for you work that day, right? cuz that's all it's meant to my last two employers. technical support sucks. if you use the internet and it's not working the way you expect, call for help on monday.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I'm in the middle of the fucking christian mid west and I don't get good friday off. I'm calling bullshit on this, fucking christians

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
seeker said:
you mean that the employer has to pay you time + 1/2 for you work that day, right? cuz that's all it's meant to my last two employers. technical support sucks. if you use the internet and it's not working the way you expect, call for help on monday.

Actually, if you say you're taking the day off there's nothing they can do about it no matter how much they pay you. If you do choose to work they pay you 1.5X and you also get a day's pay or a day off in lieu in addition to that.

seeker

TRIBE Member
oh yes, right. the statutory holiday pay. that's in effect. now i'll have to suffer through everyone all day saying "i'm getting paid 2.5x my regular wage today." except you're not. the stat pay is based on the last 3 weeks of work. if you've missed time, it will be less than a full 8 hours. but that's neither here nor there.

oh, and as for 'choosing' to work today, the same could be said for any day of the week. of course, if i 'choose' to not work today, my employer would very likely 'choose' to reprimand me on monday. don't give me that bullshit.

ducke

TRIBE Member
Seeing how many people @ work today - I am wondering what ALL is open in the city .

Here in the land of the boring the doors are locked on all the stores ...
Even STARBUCKS is closed at my local mall.

Hope everyone that is working is being paid correclty & not being ripped off by cheap employers.

billy

TRIBE Member
i'm working today but get monday off. it was pretty much a flip of the coin between me and the other person who does the same job as me.

the last bus i take en route to work usually has about 45 people on it. today it had 3.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I'm off today. Had the best sleep last night.

Going to make a healthy breakfast, then some tme with a girlie friend. The afternoon is dedicated to absolutely NOTHING. maybe some movie rentals and baking since its so yucky out today.

kline

TRIBE Member
i'm working today but am banking my hours so i get about 3x my pay cause banked time is double time for my company... woo-frickin-hoo!

ducke

TRIBE Member
LEOGIRL SAID = baking since its so yucky out today ----- TOO COOL I just did up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for later on tonight - It's a Friday night MOVIE NIGHT in da house.