• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who else is sick of the 80's?

Tanner

TRIBE Member
I have seen so many god aweful fashions lately...Who in their right mind had the idea to bring back the 80's...And the hairstyles are YUCK! God I can't stand it...

Whatever came out of the 80's should have stayed there!

Except Micheal Jackson's Music!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
I think the people who are into the 80's clothes and hair are mostly people who weren't AROUND in the 80's (or who were too young to remember), therefore can't appreciate how GODAWFULLY BAD the fashions were.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vinder

TRIBE Member
i liked the 80's, what i was old enough to experience that is. and i like some of the stuff they are bringing back, not all of it though (applies to clothes and music).

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Why can't they bring back the good 80's shit, like the cartoons!

The fashion was horrible at best, the music, like every era, had good aspects and not so good aspects (read: they sucked ass)

I'll admit I was a youngin through the 80's, but I was old enough to know I would never want to re-live that horrible horrible time!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Funzo
Why can't they bring back the good 80's shit, like the cartoons!
Yes! Go Astroboy!

Mind you, I think most of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid were actually made in the 70's. Oh well.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I love Astroboy (whenever it was made) Bring it back!

*Astroboy love is strictly plutonic, and that's not the Astroboy from tribe either

poker face

TRIBE Member
the 80's was the only decade to have so many different styles of music not sound the same.

I love the 80's and the music has had a big impact on my life.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
I LOVE THE 80S!!!!

This weekend I plan to spend it driving around in my delorean with my flock of seagulls haircut and members only jacket. ALL WEEKEND. To complete the experience I will be doing an 8 ball every hour while talking on my briefcase sized cell phone.

Ps. I'm serious, I fucking love the 80s.

Pps. Those who didn't like 80's fashions are boring. HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE EXCESSIVE HOT PINK?!?!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
nope. i love them!!! i love the new takes on 80s fashion that are out now. like i got this pair of legwarmers for christmas and i cannot wait to get a skirt and wear them with bright yellow heels and some fucked up top! hehe. sorry, got a little excited there.

i like that the 80s didn't give a fuck. everything is just so fun and colourful.

and we were watching some retro show on muchmoremusic last night and you should have seen me. i was like "this is my favourite song!" every 2 seconds.

i love that i am living in 2004 but i also love the 80s :D

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Tanner
My point exactly:rolleyes:
Welcome to boringville, population, you. :p

If you'd like my nana knit me a lovlely maroon cardigan this winter, I"ll send it over your way!

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mandapanda
i like that the 80s didn't give a fuck. everything is just so fun and colourful.
the 80's did give a fuck, in fact gave too much of a fuck which was why everything was so out there.

don't get me wrong, i liked it. but the pretentiousness of it was terrible. at least now the cokeheads pretend not to be in to themselves as much while jibbajabbaing my head off for hours on end.

bambam

TRIBE Member
80s = stoopid. not just regular stoopid. acme one-ton weight flattening you stoopid.
and the 80s kids...but I digress (no I dont, Im just trying to be nice and not severely critical)

but if you think about it, a lot of the basic groudwork for techno come out of the 80s. So I guess they were a good thing. Emphasis on 'were'.
Surely there were better decades that could be ''brought back'?
But why do we have to 'bring back' a decade? Its insulting. Its like were being told that there isnt enough creativity in our generation, so we should emulate (tasteless/icky) generations past.
But then, most of us here dont do what were told anyway.(thank god)

s

thom100

TRIBE Member
you have no clue how long Ive been waiting for this thread , only to post the embarrasing photo of myself again, going full out 80's style.

the 80's were so fun , Ive got the Spoons on right now IMO Torontos best band ever.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by vinder
the 80's did give a fuck, in fact gave too much of a fuck which was why everything was so out there.

don't get me wrong, i liked it. but the pretentiousness of it was terrible. at least now the cokeheads pretend not to be in to themselves as much while jibbajabbaing my head off for hours on end.
Dear blog

My panties have *still* not arrived, as such I'm still grumpy. I think I'll take it out on the 80s today rather then random tribe board members. Mayhaps I need to up my intake of neon pink to help add some balance to my current turbid state.

Forever fabulous,
Vinder

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
The further away from the 80's we get the more I learn to appreciate certain aspects of it. There was some good music and some good movies, fashion and moral values were probably at an all time low but that probably had to do with the mad amounts of yayo people were tooting up their shnoz.

As a side bar, Release Records had a stack of New Order - Blue Monday/The Beach 12"s last week incase anyone was looking. It's probably one of my top 10 tunes of the 80's.