• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who are the ad wizards .... ??

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Last night, I walked into the Beer Store at Church & Wellesley and actually uttered the phrase:

"Can I have 24 Wee Willy please?"

Wee Willy Dark Scottish Ale is brewed by Lakeport and I really enjoy not only the flavour, but the low cost of this beer (under $30 for a case). However, the name is not very conducive to being ordered in public.

I mean, seriously, the potential jokes are almost endless, especially in that neighbourhood. I was fortunate enough to have bought my first case at the Queens Quay Beer Store, which is a walk-in and therefore does not require any overt mention of brand names.

And just for the record, the dude behind the counter said I was the first person he knew who had purchased Wee Willy.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by AdRiaN
Last night, I walked into the Beer Store at Church & Wellesley and actually uttered the phrase:

"Can I have 24 Wee Willy please?"

Wee Willy Dark Scottish Ale is brewed by Lakeport and I really enjoy not only the flavour, but the low cost of this beer (under $30 for a case). However, the name is not very conducive to being ordered in public.

I mean, seriously, the potential jokes are almost endless, especially in that neighbourhood. I was fortunate enough to have bought my first case at the Queens Quay Beer Store, which is a walk-in and therefore does not require any overt mention of brand names.

And just for the record, the dude behind the counter said I was the first person he knew who had purchased Wee Willy.
very "ballsy" of you man.

now, is there a beer named balls?

"24 balls please!"

joey

TRIBE Member
Lakeport dropped off some wee willy and a few of their new brava coolers. I must say that Wee Willy was a pretty good beer.

That is all.

fishbulb

TRIBE Member
Did you ask for it with a scottish accent? I bet that would make it not sound as sissy.

Do ye 'ave anay wee willay, lad?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fishbulb
Did you ask for it with a scottish accent? I bet that would make it not sound as sissy.
nobody, i repeat NOBODY, should have to be subjected to hearing adrian's scottish "accent"!

i am very very very serious.