• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Which local techno DJs do you want to see?

diablo

TRIBE Member
I'm always looking for suggestions. I've had two techno parties so far, and the headliners have been Ian Guthrie and Greg Gow, so suggest some more names. :)

philly

TRIBE Member
^^ ya i wouldn't mind seeing isoprax out.

also wouldn't mind seeing more of the technificent crew. ;)

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
ok so i will just drop a bunch of names of underrated people caz i think they are great :)

Breandan Davey aka non pareil Live
Emerson Brown
Clint House
my boi Dylan T
Stewart Dougie
naw is always good to see when he is in town
oddmyth

I have a list of people that play house, but this is techno room

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
ERIC LORK
GERALD
JEFF COCHRAN
L-TRAIN
DEREK PARSONS (spins more than just techno)

(..and agreement on the other names mentioned.)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by adorablehomeboy
dj Sauce - www.magistraterecords.com
DJ sauce sent me a mix last year sometime and I was really impressed. If you want to catch him, he's playing in the system VIP tomorrow night!

I'd like to hear
oddmyth
mrs peacock
doug (outside of his "studio" :p )
curt martin
L-train

and in general, I'd like to hear DJ Kwe, Ash G and some of the breaks peeps.

seeker

TRIBE Member
does anybody know if dub gnostic still plays? I had the opportunity to buy a couple of his tapes after I moved to London but didn't. sometimes I kick myself because of this...

also:
Brandon Dove (again)
Sarah Mixington <-- d00d you have played System twice and I was not there either time :(

Mr. Moe

TRIBE Member
How come no mentioned Kenny
I guess he kinda electro-e now
But still one of my all time favourite local's

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
does anybody know if dub gnostic still plays? I had the opportunity to buy a couple of his tapes after I moved to London but didn't. sometimes I kick myself because of this...

also:
Brandon Dove (again)
Sarah Mixington <-- d00d you have played System twice and I was not there either time :(
Dub-gnostic is pretty much retired and living in London Ontario attending Western. He also has two kids and another on the way!

Funny you should mention him, I am seeing him this weekend when I'm in London!

-ian g.

d.code

TRIBE Member
I miss Dub Gnostic..

I had a friend who lived in London who eventually moved away to join the circus (!)- but she had EVERY mix he ever did in their car. Everywhere you looked- Dub Gnostic.

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian

Funny you should mention him, I am seeing him this weekend when I'm in London!

-ian g.
Funny you should mention being in London, I was goin to come down and catch your set. ;)

What time are you playing tonight?

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
jeff cochran!!
oddmyth
peter & tyrone
task (great job last week!!!!)
adam marshall
gerald

and there are a pile of peeps i haven't seen or heard in a while - l-train, curt, doug, eric, derek, tyler, skip....oh yeah, i wouldn't mind hearing myself spin out again soon too ;)

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
Funny you should mention being in London, I was goin to come down and catch your set. ;)

What time are you playing tonight?
Excellent! I am playing from 1-3 I believe.

-ian g.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
well after some liberation and thought..... i came to conclusion this thread should read "which techno dj's would i like to see AGAIN" ......and more often.

i have a mighty long list folks but only states one thing, TORONTO HAS ENOUGH TALENT. Talent that i like and could all headline a massive techno assault.

no specific order either....

Eric Lork
Greg Gow
Kenny Glasgow
Fred Paolo
Shamus Cohglan aka Humanjava aka im better than Mills :p
Derrick Ramirez (not local but visits enough)
Jeff Cochran
L Train
Curt Martin
Jeff Milligan
Adam Marshall
Dylan T
Jason Marshall
Rian Torrance
Ian Guthrie
Derek Parsons
Carlitos Way
Isoprax
EJ the Dj
Oddmyth
Jesse Miller
Tommy Smalls (fuck its been long bro)
Adam Douglas
KF
Sara Scruton aka Nina Flowers playing TECHNO :p
Miss Tek
Mike Blotto
Optik
Dj Excel playing his circa 98 techno
Matrix aka Gerald laying down his detroit/hard techno :D
Sarah Mixington aka skippah!
Dennis J laying down some 313.
Lotus
Mario J

.....how the hell did the LIVE P.A's get left out?

Adam Winik
Arthur Oskan
Naw
Dan Lui (electro ness)
and Greg Gow (something to this day i will never forget, when i forced him to go off the hook with a Roland tr909 (wasn't his) and his record collection at a dear friends house party :D

and top vote for most improved dj i see play more often is our main man DESTRO...keep on rocking brotha!

every and each cat would and will rock the jam, Matt(Diablo) it was a pleasure playing for you man....hope you lock one if not more of my list for future events.

respect,

sd:)

Last edited:

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by task

machine (live)

ether mann
last time I spoke with machine he really didnt want to play live ever that it was just to much work for him....
as for ether.mann aka greg smith hes given up djing for ever he doesnt even own any records or a truntable any more...
:)
sad honestly...

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by musork
ether.mann aka greg smith hes given up djing for ever he doesnt even own any records or a truntable any more...
he may have sold most of records, but he definitely still has his gems

musork

TRIBE Member
thanks to both mrs peacock and douglas for the mention Im glad to see that Im still considered a toronto artist...
even though Ive been gone for 1 1/2 years now...
:)
but you never know I might very well end up back in toronto some time soonish...
I honestly have to say even though mtl is my home town toronto is still my home...even though I no longer have an address there...
Im honored that you all still consider me to be a toronto artist as my music honestly is much more of the toronto sound then the mtl sound...