1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Which computer is faster?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by greginhali, Oct 5, 2010.

1. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

I have been using computer (A) for a while now. My friend gave me another computer (B) Which one is faster. I run windows seven, stream movies to my PS3 and surf internet. No big deal.

Computer A: Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M
    Processor 3000 t
    1.60 GHZ
    2 Gigs RAM

Computer B: Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4
    CPU 3.00 GHZ
    2 Gigs RAM

I really dont know the difference between AMD and Intel. Which one should i use as my main box?
    Thanks for the input!
    G

2. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

One thing i should add is Computer A has (what i was told?) an old mother board? There for the RAM is not DDR but something less? It says KVR ? I asked the computer guy and he said that the mother board is too old to upgrade to DDR.

On computer B - It has DDR. IT says XR - CR - DDR?

Im going to assume the computer B has the potential to be faster?

any input is welcome.

thanks

g

3. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

If you really want to know you can run some benchmarking software.

4. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

forgot about the bench mark thing. i will run a few tonight. thanks for the heads up.

some dude on another board mentioned that my processor is prime for overclocking. i might give it a try. any of you other computer heads tried it?