• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Which club is on the hit list?

Karim

TRIBE Member
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20060329-018/page.asp

When police from 14 Division first contemplated infiltrating a notorious all-ages club where they suspected drug use and selling was rampant, they initially decided to send their youngest looking undercover officers, hoping they would blend in.

They soon found out it wasn’t necessary.

Det. Howard Page explained what his officers saw inside the club, which they don’t want to name because it’s still under investigation.

“(They saw) young females that appeared to be 14 or 15 years old dancing with 40-year-old and plus men, and you know, when the undercover officers had to enter, they themselves were shocked to see this.

"(There was) rampant drug use, rampant drug trafficking, predominantly Ecstasy and G.H.B.,” he adds. “And G.H.B. is your number one date rape drug. Special K, which is a mind-altering drug, very dangerous drug.”

Unbelievably, the establishment is still in business, despite the fact that police say they've laid hundreds of charges and asked politicians to shut it down.

They contend the laws must be changed in order to permanently close the doors.

“Obviously there’s been a frustration level for us when we've hit these walls, but ... at this point we're still working with Metro Licensing right now to try and shut this establishment down,” Page adds.

Since most all-ages clubs don't serve booze, they can skirt around the liquor licence issues that pose problems for offending 19-plus bars.

To hit the all ages establishments, police want the city to beef up noise and nuisance bylaws which would get their licences revoked and eventually shut them down.

But it's been more than five years since they submitted their first request to have the specific bar closed. They say neither the province or the city have responded to it.

“I haven't seen the document,” admitted Mayor David Miller. “All I can tell you is that my advice from city staff is we can't put those kind of conditions on business licences.”

The issue of all ages clubs heated up this past week, when a 12-year-old girl was stabbed outside one of the venues at 2am Sunday morning.

Many teens admit that while the clubs don’t serve alcohol, a lot of the patrons come already inebriated looking for a party – and a reason to get rowdy.

Which area does 14 Division cover? My only guess right now is Viva, but that's in Markham.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alma

TRIBE Member
looks like downtown-west

map.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Karim

TRIBE Member
ravinjunkie said:
pfft you still lurk TA, Karim!

I normally don't but somebody told me that about a week ago, there was a thread dedicated to me about female asses. I had to go see it for myself.

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Actually I saw a sign on the Sound Emporium/Boa door that said "closed by city" or something to that effect. Cant remember, but I'll walk by it tomorrow and see. Dont know if it has anything to do with this or not.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Gotta be the zone. They haven't had a liquor license for a few years now.

I don't care ever since they banned me for a bit. ha ha

Karim

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
Gotta be the zone. They haven't had a liquor license for a few years now.

I don't care ever since they banned me for a bit. ha ha

What the fuck does it take to get banned from zone? You must be one crazy sunofabitch

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
“And G.H.B. is your number one date rape drug. Special K, which is a mind-altering drug, very dangerous drug."

Do the cops think that GHB and K are the same thing? or is CablePulse just unable to write complete sentences?

b

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Is Film still open at Dundas n wherever? They did after hours and shit, but I dunno that it was ever all ages

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
no. it's open but definitely not functioning as an under-ages club.
this is probably some small shithole that is completely under the tribe radar.