• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where's the rest of the New Years party reviews??

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Other than Boa, there are so few reviews.

I'm dying to hear the reviews and there hardly are any. I guess some people must have had crazy benders continuining the party into the weekend. But come on people, I wanna hear the reviews!
Tell us how messy you got! We wanna here details. Well I do!
I know tons of people went to the Zone and System and other parties...

So where are they?

Maxine:)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
my new years sucked 'roid shrunken balls.

I got nothing but complants about the music I played for the host. She was like "No one's dancing. Play better music." When I asked her what her definition of 'better' was she got pissy. I told her that when there's only 40 people at a party people usually don't dance. I could tell right away that no one wanted to dance. They wanted to socialize and go home early. And they did.

Next year I'm going to a GOOD party and getting right off my head.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
my new years sucked 'roid shrunken balls.
It seems like a lot of people's New Years Eve's were sub par at best. So many people wanted to stay home.

Lameasses.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I went to a house party - home by 3am, spent maybe $10 plus outfit - best New Years I've had yet.

No more expensive clubbing for moi....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Adam

TRIBE Member
I tried my best to vomit in Timo's apartment, but failed.

I had a New Years 2: Revenge Of New Years party this weekend with some out-of-town friends, and ended up outside in my underwear on both friday and saturday night.

It got weird.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
I went to a house party - home by 3am, spent maybe $10 plus outfit - best New Years I've had yet.

No more expensive clubbing for moi....
Sounds like a great New Years!:)

The only money I spent was $20 for parking.

kodos

TRIBE Member
If you'd like to hear about resistor or whatever, check the ekto board. TR also has a bunch of NYE reviews.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kodos
If you'd like to hear about resistor or whatever, check the ekto board. TR also has a bunch of NYE reviews.
I just checked Toronto Raves...pretty boring.

What's the ekto board?

man_slut

TRIBE Member
I had an amazing New Years. It was our 1-year anniversary so the lady and I made some home cooked dinner. After New Years we had anniversary sex. Than we headed down to System and boogied down to Matt in the VIP room and Chu (and the rest of the gang) in the back room. We invited a bunch of people back to our apartment for an after party. Matt, Cheeswiz and Korben were nice enough to spin some sick ass beats on our turntables. At one point we had 25 close friends in our place celebrating New Years Day and our Anniversary. Couldn't ask for more.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
I enjoyed reading your review. I have been in the scene a long long time and I still haven't partied in Montreal. I would like to, but I hate being in a car for so long. Especially the ride back after partying.
glad you liked my review.. longest one i've ever written :)

we stayed a day and drove back durin the afternoon friday so it wasn't bad.... :) the drive is long, sure, but if you've got great company its not all that bad :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
I had the BEST new years in recent memory (due to the fact, maybe, that for the past five or so I spent it with someone completely not into partying, and this was my first REAL solo mission...)

started off the night chillin at my house with amy,

went over to a nice little pre party at a buddy's house... so many good people to hang with..

then went to a REAL house jam on brunswick with all 40 of us :p.. needless to say we filled the house up

at 230am got a call from my girl, she was done work and ready to meet up so we went to 129, the nocturnal jam, and partied til 7 or 8am i dont really remember..

and went home to sketch out and watch rain man and bring some flowers home to start the new year off fresh

all in all i spent it with some amazing company (elaine and amy and vanessa and rob and sash and tim and chou and marty the party.. amongst others) and am glad I have hooked up with someone whose ready to go out and party at anytime of the day

maxine: i got your pm! WHAT CHU TALKIN BOUT!?? I never got any bad vibes from you, and if I did, I would understand the stress you were under. THANKS for the link up :)

Last edited:

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
^So glad to hear Jake!:) I knew I was super bitchy to a few people. I was just so tired and frustrated half way through the night. It didn't help that it was pms time! I wanted to make sure I wasn't short with you. By the way, your girl is such a cutie *high five*.:)

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I was wondering too--there were lots n lots of people at the Zone, I figured some of em'd be from Tribe.

In closing, what a fucking awesome New years. That is all.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
I was wondering too--there were lots n lots of people at the Zone, I figured some of em'd be from Tribe.

In closing, what a fucking awesome New years. That is all.
I know, I figured there would be tons of reviews from the Zone. I miss my Comfort Zone New Years ritual.:( But I just can't party like that anymore. So I guess it's a good thing!

Anyhow, I guess people who were at the Zone are still in recovery.