• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where to go may 24..

Caz

TRIBE Member
Instead of the usual canadian cliches (muskoka, kawarthas, etc)

I want to go to the states maybe, the dollar being where its at, but i dont want to spend all weekend driving down south..

Where can we go in the states that isnt a full day's drive that is fun for the weekend?

Also, suggestions that arent in the states are also welcome :)

ciao

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i wouldn't mind hitting up Algonquin park for May 2-4... i've never been.
any suggestions for that? camping sites or cottages to be rented? i guess any cottage to be rented in the park would be rented already...

i'm in dire need of a vaca.

what's the Niagara region like this time of year?

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Trudeau Park - Biggest party on may 24 weekend. - Tweed , ON (near belleville)

losts of music (bands and DJ's) , 4x4'ing (anything that has a motor is allowed) , T&A EVERYWHERE , Randy and Lahey from trailor park boys (bikini contest judges and park partrol) .. Anyone who has been knows this is the place to be may 24. I have been the last 6 or so years.

Jay

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Trudeau Park is crazy on May 2-4. It's redneck central. Jay you must be crazy to have survived 6 years there. One year, the bikers burned a car there during the festivities. I felt sorry for the owner of the vehicle.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

miller

TRIBE Member
i think i'll be on a boat in crystal bay (lake erie/detroit river)

no crystal, strictly beer and sun.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Buddy Holly said:
Trudeau Park is crazy on May 2-4. It's redneck central. Jay you must be crazy to have survived 6 years there. One year, the bikers burned a car there during the festivities. I felt sorry for the owner of the vehicle.
lol!

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
miller said:
i think i'll be on a boat in crystal bay (lake erie/detroit river)

no crystal, strictly beer and sun.
my friend has a cottage there, but it's more like a 4 bedroom house with a pool and all the amenities, you know, really roughing it

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
i found out that my b/f's sister asked him if we would like to go camping may 24 with her and her boyfreind..it's going to be a lot of fun..i haven't gone camping in 4 years. I lost my tent which sucks :(

Boo

TRIBE Member
Buddy Holly said:
I've never been, but my friends have gone the last couple years and have shown me a couple videos. I believe teh crazy stories I've heard/seen. One of my friends is bringing up a beater just to burn when they are up there.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Trudeau Park is dirty trashy hole where fun goes to die.

I'm headed up the a private island cottage on the St. Lawrence.

Should be dope!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
clubbing is always good for the people who stay in town.
Im not much of a camper. unless it's one of those crazy mansion-like 'cottages'.

Caz

TRIBE Member
yeah this is kinda what I meant..Im reeeally not down for the whole cliched canadian get as drunk as you can and camp weekend...I was thinking something a little more 'upscale' like renting a boat, a cottage, maybe touring a nice city, somehting like that :confused:

Boo

TRIBE Member
I went to Ottawa last year. Did a 1000 islands boat tour and explored Ottawa for a couple days. Its within reasonable driving distance.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Most of the provincial parks have a no-booze policy, the complete list is on the website. Silent lake allows booze, and they also allow tons of mosquitos.

If you don't act like a moron and drink from a cup then you can probably get away with drinking. If you look like a bunch of party animals then expect to get your car searched at the gate.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
I went to Ottawa last year. Did a 1000 islands boat tour and explored Ottawa for a couple days. Its within reasonable driving distance.
that sounds pretty rad actually

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
caz said:
Instead of the usual canadian cliches (muskoka, kawarthas, etc)
WHAAAAT?!?! the Canadian cliches are what 2-4 is all about

I'll be in the Kawarthas funnin, sunnin, golfin' and swimmin' no matter how cold the water is.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Buddy Holly said:
one year? How about EVERY year , more then once :) GIT R DUN!!

Jay