• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Where to get Men's Hoodies in tdot?

TraNceAhoLic

TRIBE Member
what do you guys find to be the best brands and/or stores to get a nice hoodie and pair of pants in tdot. I miss fiction.....

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
lululemon. their men's hoodies are the best. same with their mens shorts.

(ate a lot of crow from the boys because of the label off the start, but we all agree now their basic mens hoodie and shorts are top notch - worth checking it out, the founder is the same guy who started Westbeach, BTW)

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
lululemon. their men's hoodies are the best. same with their mens shorts.

(ate a lot of crow from the boys because of the label off the start, but we all agree now their basic mens hoodie and shorts are top notch - worth checking it out, the founder is the same guy who started Westbeach, BTW)
agreed, the hoodies rock

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I bought a lulu hoodie recently and it's easily the best clothing purchase I have made lately. expensive, but very very comfortable.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What a strange specific yet very general item to ask for help finding.

Every hoodie Ive purchased from H&M has a broken zipper or something frays.

If it's just for around the house, I really like hoodies from sports companies. Hate to admit it but the hoodies that people have left here and that I've claimed are pretty high quality. Made in Canada stuff from Reebok, Nike and Nautica. My favourite hoodie is a $5 hoodie from Zellers. And surprisingly a $2 hoodie zip up has taken a beating. I liked it so much, I went back and bought 2 more just in case but so far, the first one is still going.

Do the guy's Lululesbian hoodies have the logo? *shudder* I would feel like I was wearing women's underwear or something with a Lulu item on.

rawd

TRIBE Member
I'm a sucka for Quiksilver hoodies, they fit me well .. soft and fleecey on the inside. They have a store on Queen West or you can order online and usually have free shipping deals all the time.

TRO

TRIBE Member
lulelulemon seriously?

fuckin gap 40-50 bucks
fuckin any snowboarder company at west 49 -30 bucks
fuckin old navy 20 bucks
fuckin zellers 11 bucks
fuckin Walmart 10 bucks
fuckin giant tiger 5 bucks

TRO

TRIBE Member
Do the guy's Lululesbian hoodies have the logo? *shudder* I would feel like I was wearing women's underwear or something with a Lulu item on.
...and that is coming from a gay man.

come on dudes..man up!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I just checked out their website and those lululemon hoodies look kind of boxy and square and cost $108 before tax!! What are they not made in China or something? Or is their fabric hand-woven by vegans?

I am wondering how much of the "feel good" quality of them comes from having to internally justify spending that much on a hoodie.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
mofo - depending on the run, they do some basic hoodies that feature an invisible logo. it can be pretty sick, actually (no homo).

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I just checked out their website and those lululemon hoodies look kind of boxy and square and cost $108 before tax!! What are they not made in China or something? Or is their fabric hand-woven by vegans?

I am wondering how much of the "feel good" quality of them comes from having to internally justify spending that much on a hoodie.
don't knock it 'til you try it old timer

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The best hoodie I ever owned was custom made by NUMB with a huge stylized graffiti spray can embroidered on the back. It finally wore out and had to be chucked. I wish I could find another of the same quality.

I do own some lululemon products that I bought for pilates. The shorts are OK, if expensive, but the long pants pilled and fuzzed and looked crappy after 1 wash so I took them back. They gave me a new pair but advised me I could shave them... Like I really wanted to fork out that much money AND shave my pants too.

Their quality is hit and miss IMO, or maybe it was just a Chinese manufacturing glitch during the period when Lululemon was expanding from 10 stores to 8,000 stores.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
i agree with the hit and miss. depends which country does the build.

i will say this: no issues with either the shorts or the two hoodies I have from them - the hoodies are so heavy duty they would be solid enough to wear through winter with just a rain shell. also love the scuba neck and hood design.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Agreed on the Lulu men's hoodie. I was anti-lulu but my wife bought me one. Freaking love it now. Superbly comfortable.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
LOL, hey, I like the huddies they have, lots of pockets, compartments, detailling, its either that or I rock my Boss one, but Im not about going to suggest that. Different strokes for different folks.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
my wife wears Lulu,

Bernie do you know how many times we get ready to go out and look like twins, The last thing I need is more clothes that look like something she could wear.

I agree they are very well constructed but I still think they're gay, and not in the homo way.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
If you happen to find yourself in a snowboard shop, look for a Bonfire Fleece Hoodie. Those things are the truth. TRUTH I say!

I wouldn't be caught dead in a lulu hoodie, however I do find that Westbeach thing interesting. I used to love that brand!