• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where to get a haircut - for a guy?

t-boy

TRIBE Member
I need a friggin haircut - badly!

Last time, I went to this cheap salon in my mall.. grew my hair just so i can get it nicely trimmed and shaped - and she gave me a yokel-like haircut. I told her specifically - DON'T cut it too short. And she did.

So this time, I want to make sure there's no fuckups. I kinda know what I have in mind, but it would be cool if the hair stylist could discuss what s/he is going to do BEFORE cutting the hair.. or even show me some photo so I could ok it.

Any good places I should go to? Nothing TOO expensive, but i'm willing to pay (max budget: $50). I just don't want to look like a hick again, and don't want it to be cut too short.

Thank ya'llz.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by t-boy
I need a friggin haircut - badly!

Last time, I went to this cheap salon in my mall.. grew my hair just so i can get it nicely trimmed and shaped - and she gave me a yokel-like haircut. I told her specifically - DON'T cut it too short. And she did.

So this time, I want to make sure there's no fuckups. I kinda know what I have in mind, but it would be cool if the hair stylist could discuss what s/he is going to do BEFORE cutting the hair.. or even show me some photo so I could ok it.

Any good places I should go to? Nothing TOO expensive, but i'm willing to pay (max budget: $50). I just don't want to look like a hick again, and don't want it to be cut too short.

Thank ya'llz.

Should have gone to O'Hairs

$50 is like 6 months worth of hair cuts for me
 

Gavin the Bass

TRIBE Member
i told you, my pot-smoking, e loving, born in sri lanka-grew up in sweden-married a scot-now lives in canada hairdresser is the shit!!!

i'm thinking friday.

:)
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
It may be a wee bit more than that but so worth it......Vidal Sasson in Yorkville(on Avenue) is really good......ask for a junior stylist, they are cheaper......My friend Clint cuts hair there and he is amazing!

~Maxine~
 
G

Guest

Guest
house of lords is good.
it's on yonge just north of bloor..... at isabella maybe?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kate

TRIBE Member
Go to purple hearts, (41)595-0203, and ask for Amanda. I send every guy I know to go see her, and she's the best. My roomie and best friend get their hair cut there, and she's sooooo nice, really young and cool. You'll love her!

Location is queen and John, above 2nd cup near travelcuts.

I promise you'll be happy!
 

futronic

TRIBE Member
Go to Terminal Barber at Bay/Dundas on the west side ... just south of the bus station. Couple of good guys in there. Only $15 too, and you get to watch the soccer game while you get your hair cut.

-- Jay aka Fut
 

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Couple of good guys in there...and you get to watch the soccer game while you get your hair cut.

Do they get to watch the soccer game while you get your hair cut as well?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Trini

TRIBE Member
go down to Hair Concepts 2000 in scarborough.....a lil pricey but the two young Chinese knock-outs that own the place know what they are doing. Always busy in there plus they play DNB and Downtempo as background music.
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
look man! go to LID LOUNGE and ask for michelle . $48 and shes so nice and sweet and such a good haircutter. she never used the clippers once and shes my barber for life now.

Plus the head massage was so gooooood.

Lid lounge is at queen and church.
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
^^ scissors vs clipper

i just find that she layered the hair and cut it much better with the scissors. my old barber did not use scissors once (or barely) and it just looked so straight and chopped. maybe he sucked but this girl was good at haircutting.
 

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~dazed~
house of lords is good.
it's on yonge just north of bloor..... at isabella maybe?
I agree!! The House of Lords gave my ex the finest cut ever!!
:) Plus - it's not too $$$

p.s. just be careful not to be overly friendly with the staff unless you'd like a hot weekend date. Nudge/nudge ... wink/wink.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Go to Terminal Barber at Bay/Dundas on the west side ... just south of the bus station. Couple of good guys in there. Only $15 too, and you get to watch the soccer game while you get your hair cut.

-- Jay aka Fut

I go to this place. I wonder how many crooks and lammists go through that joint.
 

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
i know this is a question primarily directed at Toronto kids... but if anyone lives in MTL i'll let you in on a little secret.

Coiffure Pierre's!!!
its only $13 if you're a McGill Student ($15 if you're not) and both times i've went its been the best haircut of my life.
respect to Pierre
:D
 

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kate
Go to purple hearts, (41)595-0203, and ask for Amanda. I send every guy I know to go see her, and she's the best. My roomie and best friend get their hair cut there, and she's sooooo nice, really young and cool. You'll love her!

Location is queen and John, above 2nd cup near travelcuts.

I promise you'll be happy!

Well I just called and Amanda won't be in until Saturday! I need to cut "The Fro" tonight! The rest of the people there are booked until Saturday.

Any other reccomendations? Whats with that place Coupe Bizzare? Over priced? Help need a cut tonight.

peace&stYlEstEaDy

ChRoMe
 

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Go to Terminal Barber at Bay/Dundas on the west side ... just south of the bus station. Couple of good guys in there. Only $15 too, and you get to watch the soccer game while you get your hair cut.

-- Jay aka Fut

Those are my boys too - good cut, good price, good magazines and not too much chit-chat if you ain't in the mood.

J
 
Top