• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

where to find milk crates

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Liquidity

staples?
holy shitballs!!!

that's amazing.

i only entered the thread to mention that milk crates can look *really* cool when spray painted to co-ordinate with your decorating scheme. :)

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i spray painted a bunch of 'em silver. but it partially rubbed off and now they look like ASS, albeit silvery ASS.......but ASS nevertheless!!

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aphrodite
ok I'll check out the dominion @ bloor and spadina
definitely a ton back there
but you've got to be sneaky

had a milk crate bookcase back in residence
when i moved just dropped the crates back at dominion

evil homer

TRIBE Member
I just ditched 4 this morning and have 4 more to get rid of. PM me if you want to pick them up, (the ones i ditched are in an alley off mercer just west of john). I live and work right there but they're anyone's for the asking.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Funny that... I just googled "Milk Crates Toronto" and this page came up first.

All the TV benches at IKEA are too big... I need something around two feet in depth, not more than that. Must be able to withstand a 65 lbs flat screen. Want something with a small footprint. I figure a milk crate, painted over, would work.

Thought of glass blocks, but I can't find any with a hole that would fit CDs. Oh well.

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
Snuffy said:
Funny that... I just googled "Milk Crates Toronto" and this page came up first.

All the TV benches at IKEA are too big... I need something around two feet in depth, not more than that. Must be able to withstand a 65 lbs flat screen. Want something with a small footprint. I figure a milk crate, painted over, would work.

Thought of glass blocks, but I can't find any with a hole that would fit CDs. Oh well.
Im actually in the same boat as you.....check out the "Besta" units at Ikea, they are not in the TV Benches section, its more like a bookcase, you can stack em too depending on which one you get.

check it
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/search/?query=besta

funfuncheese

TRIBE Member
I've got 60 of em piled up under my mattress + various ones around my loft for storage etc. If you make the trip up to Montreal and bring me a large bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, I will give you one milk crate.

offer's on the table...

kat

TRIBE Member
restaurants too. unless they employ someone like me who hordes them to make bookshelves, cubby holes and prep space savers!

uhm.