• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where to find an oldskool lumberjack plaid jacket?

depraved

TRIBE Member
The plaid pattern on new skool ones are all wrong. If you're a geezer, you'll remember the oldskool ones: feels like thick flannel (i.e. not quilted), either black on red, or blue & red on light blue; square + small rectangle check (geezers will remember them paired w/ wide legs tucked into the back of Kodiak boots). I'm having a bitch of a time finding one; I even rode to frikken Wawa this summer in the hopes that general stores in Northern Ontario might still stock them; no luck, even at Young's in Wawa.

Any tips? I've checked online vintage retailers, Value Villages, etc. w/ no luck. The Halloween costume I'm putting together won't be right w/o an oldskool one.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
I dunno about the old school ones, but Burton has some jackets with the old school plaid print with a really comfy sheepskin inside. Soooo soft.

edit: oh wait, you want it for a costume, nevermind hahah

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
used clothing store in toronto. or a new clothing store in hamilton

(a wave of smart just came over me) Try Black Market near John / Queen

octo

TRIBE Member
i had a blue one back in the day. i miss it.

i also had a red plaid flannel Levi's Orange tab shirt from Zeller's until one drunken night of camping last summer when i set it on fire. :(
luckily my friends stopped me from taking off my favourite camping jeans and throwing them in the fire too.

Chaz

TRIBE Member
jus me said:
my dad's closet.

If you're looking for a proper Keswick Dinner Jacket, I'd have to agree with jus me. I know what you mean about the neo-plaid and the liner though. The new-school shit is like a cheap knock-off.

...because uptown came downtown for you.

mudbunny

TRIBE Member
try an 8 hour drive to Timmins. i guarantee you will find a jacket, accessorized pyjama pants and skidoo boots. You'll develop a craving for Quebec style poutine...