• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where to find Acupunctures (shoes) in Toronto?

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
So my lovely zippered pair that have served me so well for a year and a half are finally biting the dust. Where the heck do I find another pair in Toronto?

I've done the Google routine and all I can find are some UK sites with minimal selection. Any attempts to find a vendor in Toronto are met with a slew of non-shoe acupuncture websites. bah!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

mystique0217

TRIBE Member
we got different types of accupuncture shoes here in japan that i do not know exactly which type you are referring to..can you post a photo of the type that you are seeking to replace your current one??

:)

p.s.
i got 15 minutes foot massage from the walk in clinic today after shopping in tokyo..sweet :D

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
They're this style, but in dark grey and red.

acupuncture-acu-horse.jpg

Although I'd prefer to find a similar pair, I dig *most* of the Acupuncture shoes and would have no qualms picking up another style.

mystique0217

TRIBE Member
hmm sorry pete. i do not think i will be able to help you find runner type acupuncture shoes...
(i think i misunderstood your inquiry)

we got tons of shoes that stimulate the foot spots here though.. ...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
ooooh... hehe... yeah Acupuncture is a specific brand of shoes I'm looking for. They look like sex and are comfortable as fuck.

They've been my default dancing shoes for the past while, and now that they're broken, I don't have anything appropriate left (just runners and another pair that's too dressy for most nights out).

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
mine bit the dust two years ago pete and i've been hard-pressed to find another pair -- once in a while i'll see a pair somewhere on queen but not in my size or not the style i want. :(

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
they sell them on guyshop.com

http://www.guyshop.com/shop/guys/acf/acupuncture_footwear.asp

but I find the guyshop/girlshop prices a bit steep for some of the merchandise (for example the prices for 'damzels in this dress' on the site seemed to be a fair bit more than in Toronto boutiques) , not sure if these are marked up or not.

Have you tried contacting the company? that's what i usually do when I'm 'on a mission'

eta: actually the prices don't seem that bad

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Pete: The last time I got a pair (a year or two ago) I got them @ Groovy on Queen St. You might want to check there.

jus me

TRIBE Member
I saw some at that shoe store on the south side of queen at spadina.

crap, i forgot its name! arg, this is gonna bug me.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
They look like sex and are comfortable as fuck.

I dunno why-I am trying so hard not to laugh out loud at the office at that- hee hee hee.
I want to hear you say that in person,k?

Hahahahaha
-J

Mz. SPy

TRIBE Member
the pair i got was years ago at an Aldo of all places. But that was years ago.

They are awesome shoes and last FOREVER!

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Pete: The last time I got a pair (a year or two ago) I got them @ Groovy on Queen St. You might want to check there.
Thanks Beebs (and everyone else).

Is Groovy the one on the North side of Queen street, a little east of John? ie: the one that always has crazy Swear boots and shit in the window?

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
Thanks Beebs (and everyone else).

Is Groovy the one on the North side of Queen street, a little east of John? ie: the one that always has crazy Swear boots and shit in the window?
Nah, Groovy is pretty much across from Caban on the south side of Queen.

Good luck! :)

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
the only area i ever luck out in is cheap ass shoppery: found mine at winners, years ago and i still wear them constantly.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i traded my last pair of acupunctures for a chicken burrito supreme at taco bell

they were the most uncomfortable shoes ever, i think i had worn them twice, maybe three times in an entire year

and yes i did literally trade the shoes for the burrito :)

phunkymunky

TRIBE Member
my acupunctures were the most comfy shoes i ever owned. and i've owned a lot of shoes:p

they were blue/orange with rubbery spikes on the sides and back and they were from aldo of all places years ago. i miss em:(

basilisk

TRIBE Member
Hmm... its time I went shopping for a new pair of shoes, and it would seem prudent to stuff my pockets with burritos for trading with.