• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where to buy a bike?

kuba

TRIBE Member
I went on kijiji and craigslist and noticed a huge dropoff in the number of mid-high-end bikes for sale. I checked canadian cyclist, too, and really, not much. Pink Bike? Is this where everyone is selling bikes these days? Looking for a friend who wants a 29er mountain, used. Holy smokes, there were maybe 3 Trek 29ers total on kijiji when we checked - way less than I expected.

Thanks!

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
I don't know about Toronto, but in Montreal, pawn shops only take mid-high end bikes (after they've been cleared by the police).

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Keep you eyes peeled for used at pawn shops. It is the wrong season to be looking for a bike because it is riding season! What are you looking for exactly?

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
29 inch tires are just becoming standard. 29 is essentially the new 26 inch tire

This may be why the amount of used bikes for 29" wheels are low as they are just getting more into the market. Next year you should see more.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
(after they've been cleared by the police).
It's actually a law here, in Montreal, if you wish to sell a bike at a pawn shop, you must 1st have to go in to a cop shop, have them check the serial number, and make sure it's not reported stolen. Then they'll give you a certificate of *not stolen*. I did this once. Pawn shops won't take them otherwise. But that's here. Not sure about the regs in Toronto.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Hey in a world of strange coincidence, a convenience store where I buy my beer just got donated a mid-high end Spectra bike by the Grolsch beer company. As part of some promotions. And it's a nice looking bike! Brand new! Smells new!. So, here's the deal. Dep-owner wants to sell it. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow, post it here. Name a price + 50$ shipping... and hey. Brand new Spectra bike. Not a cheapo model either, rather in the 300-400$ range. Brand new. For Sale.