• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where the fuck is decoder????

ninja

TRIBE Member
He's totally fallen off the map.
what is he doing now?
is there a follow up Kosheen album coming out of something ? hmmm see'm like I've fallen off the map as well on my OC quest for knowledge on producers.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ninja
He's totally fallen off the map.
what is he doing now?
is there a follow up Kosheen album coming out of something ? hmmm see'm like I've fallen off the map as well on my OC quest for knowledge on producers.
OC quest?? what's that mean....

who cares about fuckin' KOSHEEN...yeah, he's done the top 40 thing YAY!...but let's get back to the nitty grtitty and what he does best ALONE...deliver science!!!!

concussion and dissection are classic LP's and some of the best DnB has seen so far...we need him to go back to Marc Caro and ask for his job back;)

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III

concussion and dissection are classic LP's and some of the best DnB has seen so far...we need him to go back to Marc Caro and ask for his job back;)
Hahahaha! I forgot Decoder ever existed. He put out some bad, bad tunes. I knew it was going to fall to shit once Kosheen's "Hide U" made it big.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Neo-Marxist
Hahahaha! I forgot Decoder ever existed. He put out some bad, bad tunes. I knew it was going to fall to shit once Kosheen's "Hide U" made it big.
hide you is for people who think DnB is "ok"....not much happening there...underprodcued during his kosheen tenure...the man is MAD talented:)

we'll see something soon I hope

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
hide you is for people who think DnB is "ok"....not much happening there...underprodcued during his kosheen tenure...the man is MAD talented:)

we'll see something soon I hope
Come on! Hide U was an excellent track. Sometimes less is more. But Decoder was running things. For some reason, however, I got the feeling that he was extremely underrated. I didn't hear too many people talking about him when I was in touch with the scene. Shit, some of the amens he was doing back in 1996 and 1997 were sick. And still people ignored him.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Come on! Hide U was an excellent track. Sometimes less is more. But Decoder was running things. For some reason, however, I got the feeling that he was extremely underrated. I didn't hear too many people talking about him when I was in touch with the scene. Shit, some of the amens he was doing back in 1996 and 1997 were sick. And still people ignored him.
he's very underrated...his moving shadow/couture shit is crazy good and yeah, he started off HARD amen style...he's done a few tunes in the last year but only a few isn't good enough for me...he should be getting caned on the dancefloor!

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
he's very underrated...his moving shadow/couture shit is crazy good and yeah, he started off HARD amen style...he's done a few tunes in the last year but only a few isn't good enough for me...he should be getting caned on the dancefloor!
Hands down, the best tune he did was under the Tech Itch pseudonym for Moving Shadow back in 1996 (or 1997?). "Capture" was a wicked tune. By the way, this was the reason I got out of Drum and Bass. People like Decoder, DJ Surreal, and their ilk were being ignored for the jump-up stuff. Not to say the jump-up stuff isn't good, but you can't have it all jump-up.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Hands down, the best tune he did was under the Tech Itch pseudonym for Moving Shadow back in 1996 (or 1997?). "Capture" was a wicked tune. By the way, this was the reason I got out of Drum and Bass. People like Decoder, DJ Surreal, and their ilk were being ignored for the jump-up stuff. Not to say the jump-up stuff isn't good, but you can't have it all jump-up.
what??...tech itch is marc caro....the same guise or what?????:confused:

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
what??...tech itch is marc caro....the same guise or what?????:confused:
Didn't they work together as Tech Itch for Moving Shadow? I thought they did. I know Marc Caro ran Tech Itch recordings, but they worked together under that pseudonym for Moving Shadow, didn't they? It's been a while since I took a peak at my Moving Shadow stuff, so excuse any errors on my part.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Didn't they work together as Tech Itch for Moving Shadow? I thought they did. I know Marc Caro ran Tech Itch recordings, but they worked together under that pseudonym for Moving Shadow, didn't they? It's been a while since I took a peak at my Moving Shadow stuff, so excuse any errors on my part.
obviously your knowledge goes past mine in terms of 96 shit...maybe, possibly....Im juts SO used to called technical itch tech itch these days:D

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
obviously your knowledge goes past mine in terms of 96 shit...maybe, possibly....Im juts SO used to called technical itch tech itch these days:D
Yup, I was right. Just checked on Moving Shadow's website. Caro produced "Capture" with Decoder. It was way ahead of its time!

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox
"hide u" was a steaming piece of poo, and i hated every minute of it.
you're a steaming peice of poo...with nuts on top:D

no...hide U or YOU or whatever was weak to me...it was the tune that got everyone on the face of the earth hip to DnB...yet it has does nothing to properly represent what dnb.jungle is about...it's a perfect dnb tune for a popular dance station IMHO...never made me move EVER!:(

suicide on the other hand was decent