• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where should i go bar hopping tonight?

octo

TRIBE Member
it feels like friday nights are pretty dead in this city.

everything's become so spread out that it's pretty much hit and miss on a friday night. specially exam time.

so college?

ossington dundas?

queen?

any recommendations for debauchery tonight?

djfear

TRIBE Member
It's pissing rain tonight. Bring an umbrella and a smile to where ever you go.

I'm going bar hopping to the LCBO.

On a more serious note, I too am at a loss as to where to go bar hopping these days. The last time I went to Ossington & Queen area I felt that it was... I don't know... either a bit grungy for my tastes or something else.

Edit: Hit up a foundry event if you can get tickets: http://foundryto.com/

Last edited:

octo

TRIBE Member
going to foundry tomorrow.

tonight is dinner and debauchery with my bro and a couple of cousins.

i managed to steer the plan away from bloor west village to college.

shitty weather for sure. i'll do my best to make the best of it. specially since none of these guys ever go out.

gotta run

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
I too am interested given that I'll be there towards the end of may. That lil stretch With Bar with No Name and Mugshot is often my fave(keele and bloorish when I'm in TO). Feels like home.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
I'm a firm believer College Street can always provide good bar hopping.
Start at Bathurst, hit No One Writes to the Colonel and work west with Andy Poolhall, College Street Bar, Lily Lounge, Wild Indigo, the Crawford, Revival if needed. Some are hit and miss but there is a good mix of different places and there is a good amount of drunk food throughout that strip (Burrito Boyz, Johnny Jacksons, Smokes Poutine, even a Metro grocery store), and its on a 24 hour streetcar line for commuting.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

octo

TRIBE Member
I too am interested given that I'll be there towards the end of may. That lil stretch With Bar with No Name and Mugshot is often my fave(keele and bloorish when I'm in TO). Feels like home.
lol that's not a stretch of anything. that's 2 bars, a restaurant and convenience store.

you're better off hitting the junction.

college st was decent last night considering the weather and it's exam time.

i think our final destination ended up being andy pool hall.

$2.75 shots of jager at college st bar
$6 whiskey at utopia and it only costs $2.50 extra to make it a double

the $25 volcanoes at sutra aren't as good as they used to be when they were less than $20

my brother is so out of touch and lives in a suburban bubble. he doesn't know what hipsters are. he thinks guys with beards must be fans of duck dynasty.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Dudes with beards out here are just winterized...except for the few that keep them in the summer.

And yeah...it's not a stretch. Just good memories of that hood keep me goin' back. Plus always being able to strike up a convo with anyone at the bar with no name...just kicks ass.

Here...that has happened a couple of times with out of towners but is a rarity.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
the $25 volcanoes at sutra aren't as good as they used to be when they were less than $20
since Souz Dal moved into Sutra Tiki I haven't enjoyed my visits as much, but the place was on a downward spiral for a while. best to go there when its warm and sitting on the sand filled patio is worthwhile.