• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Where is the cheapest place to buy books?

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I need one and I am broke.

I usually order them from amazon or indigo.

Is it cheaper to buy them at the store or online?

Which book store is the cheapest. Yes I am a geek for making this thread.

Help please.

Maxinee

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think that, shipping aside, they're about the same price. Try some of the used places...It depends on the book, but you might find it there. There's a good one next to the Biggest Bookstore.

You can also try Seekers on Bloor, or that huge Bookporium (not the real name) on Queen near Spadina.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
lamest thread ever.

how 'bout garage sales or salvation army.

goodwill always has books.

you'd think someone who reads books would be smart enough to answer her own questions.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I think that, shipping aside, they're about the same price. Try some of the used places...It depends on the book, but you might find it there. There's a good one next to the Biggest Bookstore.

You can also try Seekers on Bloor, or that huge Bookporium (not the real name) on Queen near Spadina.

The store next to World's Biggest is called BMV. It's a goldmine! i find shit there all the time at dirt prices, especially plays, which i have a hard time finding elsewhere (except at theatre books).

b

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
lamest thread ever.

how 'bout garage sales or salvation army.

goodwill always has books.

This was for your entertainment dingdong..just a question.:p

Thanks FlashyMcFlash

you'd think someone who reads books would be smart enough to answer her own questions.

This thread was not made for your entertainment ding dong..just a question.:p

Thanks FlashyMcFlash

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
le bricoleur said:
The store next to World's Biggest is called BMV. It's a goldmine! i find shit there all the time at dirt prices, especially plays, which i have a hard time finding elsewhere (except at theatre books).

b
plays? are you involved in theatre?

the library is awesome and no effort at all as you can order books online. yonge street has a ton of used bookshops, the best of which is eliot's, north of wellesley. seekers on bloor, as mentioned, is the other great toronto used bookstore.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
You can also buy a nice pipe at Seekers to go with your Hunter S. Thompson musings!

Pages on Queen sometimes has great sales...Their regular prices aren't that much better than AmaChaptigo though.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Not sure about cheapest, but Pages has never steered me wrong. Plus you don't need to wade through the 'lifestyle' bullshit that you commonly find at Chapters to get what you need. "I like what this bookend says about me."

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
i'm not in theatre, but i'm very much into theatre. i LOVE reading plays. i think it's such a wonderful medium. it's dynamic and the end result is a collaberation of multiple artistic visions.

p.s. where on Bloor is Seekers?

b

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
FUCK Heather Reisman.

Why? This is a genuine question. The only reason I've heard that people dislike Chapters/Indigo is the same big business argument that people apply to Walmart.

What's her evil?