• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where is the cadillac lounge

s1k

TRIBE Member
queen west..past the bridge...beside old OV...across from dragonfly. rock, dirty bar. good times. queen west...but not drake style, dirtier, in a parkdale sorta way.

starr

TRIBE Member
queen west west (past the bridge)

i've mainly been in the summer (it has a HUGE back patio area)

it plays mostly country/rock/indie i think

very white-trash-ish crowd...but not scary

i like it, but i'm odd

i think there's usually a small cover

starr

TRIBE Member
i predict it will be overrun by hipsters this summer

given that i'm a bit of an aging hipster and have been there

enjoy it while the original parkdale vibe still lasts

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

thom100

TRIBE Member
ok I regualr there, it is by no means at all a "dirty" or "white trash bar" like you might describe the Bovine.

It is on queen west, just west of the Dufferin underpast. It has become a bit over priced with pitcher prices running you $16-19 per pitcher and a pint running you $5-6.25. It doesn't really have a great tap selection. The food and back patio are its selling point.

IMO if you're in the area go across the street to the Rhino 205 beers to select form and the best prices in town for imports.

why not

TRIBE Member
i like it, and have played there a few times. it's more of a rockabilly, rock&roll kind of place.
the back patio is great, and they have this electronic poker game you can play if you ask for the controllers.
sometimes they have this special called the 'bucket of beer', which is a bucket full of beer bottles, and is affordable from what i remember.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by thom100
ok I regualr there, it is by no means at all a "dirty" or "white trash bar" like you might describe the Bovine.

It is on queen west, just west of the Dufferin underpast. It has become a bit over priced with pitcher prices running you $16-19 per pitcher and a pint running you $5-6.25. It doesn't really have a great tap selection. The food and back patio are its selling point.

IMO if you're in the area go across the street to the Rhino 205 beers to select form and the best prices in town for imports.
so like what do i wear to this place or can I just be my usual wacky self?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

thom100

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by why not

sometimes they have this special called the 'bucket of beer', which is a bucket full of beer bottles, and is affordable from what i remember.
yah D and I lived off the bucket of beer this summer. it was 5 bottles of amsterdame for $15. but they got rid of that special.

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by why not
rockabilly
this is the word i was looking for, but couldn't think of so lazily typed "white-trash-ish"

i realize they are different things, but couldn't remember ok :p

The Kid

TRIBE Member
great bar, used to live right around the corner... rockabilly central... and the owner sam has the sweetest old caddy... completely original...wish i could remember the year, early 60's i think. the patio out back is killer and they have burlesque shows in the summer and whatnot. great place, i like it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

juice

TRIBE Member
why not said:
i like it, and have played there a few times. it's more of a rockabilly, rock&roll kind of place.
the back patio is great, and they have this electronic poker game you can play if you ask for the controllers.
Was there the other weekend. I think it was $18 for 5 beers. As mentioned good live shows many nights, kinda trashy but that's fun and a fantastic back patio.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
starr said:
i predict it will be overrun by hipsters this summer

given that i'm a bit of an aging hipster and have been there

enjoy it while the original parkdale vibe still lasts
it's already happened :)

how do I know this?

1. it's being posted about on tribe
2. i'm an aging hipster
3. i've been there once or twice (see #2)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
the smoking allowed on the covered patio is gross.... I was there a couple weeks ago and had to leave when I developed a splitting headache (the patio is completely closed in and there is no other ventilation) my jacket and hair reeked of smoke for several days. yuck.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
KillaLadY said:
ummm I don't regret going, because I know now why I will never go there again.
Hahaha....That sums up my sentiment of Cadillac and most of the nu-Parkdale hipster joints just perfectly.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Went there with lysistrata. Loved it. The people, the smell, the beer.. It was a raunchy, dirty place filled with drunkards.
I like places where people look like they're having a good time.

why not

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
the smoking allowed on the covered patio is gross.... I was there a couple weeks ago and had to leave when I developed a splitting headache (the patio is completely closed in and there is no other ventilation) my jacket and hair reeked of smoke for several days. yuck.
why would you hang out on the patio in the winter if you're not a smoker?