• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Where in Toronto is left with proper old school GOA TRANCE

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'm fed up with all the new fangled shite and just need to return to the late 90's when GOA TRANCE was clearly at its peak.

Short of driving to the grand canyon, where in Toronto is a dark place with proper goa and no minors and people in various degrees of clothing.

Alternately, house parties.

-jM
A&D

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I have been wondering the same thing. THere is a big party outside montreal this july but i just want to take the street car to something. Anyone with a hot tip on a local?

maphi

TRIBE Member
It's still at its peak worldwide, just not in Toronto, unfortunately. Most psy collectives have found it difficult to find a good venue in the city for the past 6-10 years.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Harvest Festival

you will see see all the goa/psy hippies dancing to that shit for hours on end, inexplicably doing the same goa psychadelic shufflestep they did at 10am the same as they did at 3am.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
you will see see all the goa/psy hippies dancing to that shit for hours on end, inexplicably doing the same goa psychadelic shufflestep they did at 10am the same as they did at 3am.
I'd much rather be surrounded by that, than the boring, fist-pump hokey pokey that seems to prevail on most dancefloors these days.

Seems the Black Light Activist folk are still (co)hosting events in Toronto. Someone from that crew is probably your best bet for keeping your finger on the local psy-pulse.

But yeah, Eclipse in Quebec would probably make for a memorable weekend. I've heard nothing but good things.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
The one at our place is pretty rockin'. ;)

I just don't go out anymore. Little need, when I have 900W of crisp and clear in my 180 sq ft bunker of a basement and a gaggle of local talent to choose from if I want guest DJs. And we never overcrowd the place.

I got it made. :D

maphi

TRIBE Member
Seems the Black Light Activist folk are still (co)hosting events in Toronto. Someone from that crew is probably your best bet for keeping your finger on the local psy-pulse.

But yeah, Eclipse in Quebec would probably make for a memorable weekend. I've heard nothing but good things.
That was a one-off reunion event. BLA have been done for years. But I can tell you for a *fact* that Harvest's psy lineup this year is going to be absolutely killer. And Eclipse will be too. There's more in the works for the fall. I will keep you posted.