• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where do you take your wounded shoes?

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i have a pair of stellar levis vintage frye/cowboy boots that used to be my mum's from 1974. i've put these puppies through a lot of wear and tear, and now the bottom of the shoe has become almost completely unglued from the sole.

where do you take your shoes (in the downtown area) to get repaired where they:

a) do a great job
b) do a great job for not so much money

there two or three of them in the eaton centre - but if they fuck up these boots, i'ma hurt a man.

:)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
There is one under the Winners/Nike on Bloor crammed right in the corner of nowhere. Kramer's or something.
Supposed to be best in Toronto, and I have about 10 pairs of shoes to drop off there next week, so I'll only be able to review it for you then.

I took my Manuel Blahnik's to Superior on Yonge and they were pretty good.

peko

TRIBE Member
It looks like a good shoe repair shop:

Mephisto in Roncevalles
- everytime I go by I think of tribe's own photographer/pilot.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Novelty Shoe Repair on Yonge, just north of Adelaide.

There is nothing the shoe man cannot save.

They've rebuilt multiple pairs of shoes for me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
I didn't see the thread last week so this might be a repeat, but I go to this little shop near Yonge and Bloor. I don't know the name so I'll have to give you a detailed description. It's between Yonge & Bay/Cumberland & Yorkville. You can actually walk through the mall from Yorkville to Cumberland. The entrance to the mall is opposite the Ford dealership on Yorkville but the store is closer to the Cumberland end. They do good work for a reasonable price.

Or Toronto Life recommends this place:

"Kaners Handbag and Shoe Repair is squirrelled away beneath Bloor’s Niketown and down an unassuming hallway, but the search is well worth it. In the luxury goods revival biz for 25 years, Mustafa Ali is the sort of expert leather surgeon you would entrust with your diamond-encrusted heels or your heirloom Vuitton luggage. 110 Bloor St. W., lower level, 416-920-9982"

My absolute favourite place is near my parents out in Etobicoke so it might be a little too far for you. Brentwood Shoe Repair - 2 Brentwood Rd S. (Bloor & Royal York) Amazing work and very very reasonable.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
Poot said:

Thats near my work. How much do they charge for putting the cap thingy's back on stelettos?

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
apparently the dude from the lil shoe repair booth in the parking lot across from mod club is great and doesn't charge much.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
Thats near my work. How much do they charge for putting the cap thingy's back on stelettos?

heel lifts vary depending on what material they're using (rubber, hard plastic..whatever) but you'd think no more than like $20 cuz it's such a small surface to fix. Call and ask them, they'll give you a range

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Poot said:

I've seen that place. I have a pair of shoes that may need his TLC.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Poot said:

Totally agree, they have some serious skills up in that store.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
no just the cap thingy's oont he bottom of the heel. I also wanted to get the tips of the soles fixed and tehy wanted to charge me 60$ for all of it. i used to get it done in markham for 25 bucks id ont get it.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Poot said:

yes! they do an amazing job.