• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where do you get your news online?

dancecanyon

TRIBE Promoter
i don't get to a computer much during a day and even less a televison....usually a radio really....

but i have some places i go to try to keep up with news...

democracy.org

fsrn.org (altho' this one is harder to check on because it recquires one to sit and listen--i misplaced my ipod during the move and haven't got around to searching too hard for it, nor getting a new one)

cbc.ca

tribe.ca for some of the more local stuff-with occasional global interests

really quite limited, i know...thank goodness for links from friends on facebook re: what can be going on in this, sometimes, crazy world we live in

any other sources to recommend?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I don't. I read the Star and the Globe and Mail every lunch hour as they're available. I rarely go on the computer during the work day unless it is related to work (once every couple of weeks if I have time and I need to check something personal).

I'm old skool. I also like having the paper in hand. Online news drives me nuts.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
BBCnews online for anything about South Africa because their Africa coverage is quite good, for local stuff I come here, go to cbcnews , then cp24, then the star as a last resort, the globe occasionally. For Ottawa politics I subscribe to Kady O'Malley's twitter feed. She is totally inside the Ottawa political environment and not much gets past her @kady

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dancecanyon

TRIBE Promoter
hmmm...hadn't thought about yahoo....forgot about bbc!

that fark.com site is awesome!

i agree with handling the hard copy of newsprint....it's just nice to flip through a paper(sort of like reading a vinyl cover/sleeve) any locale i end up working in or visiting, i always search out their weeklies...see what's going on at the local agricultural society, the big news of the week, etc...

thanks!

dancecanyon

TRIBE Promoter
oooo....thanks for that npr persephone

rabble.ca has been one i just recently dusted my goggles off for...i like the canadian viewpoint...

dirty girl- my ex loved to peruse perezhilton.com for celebrity stuff...
hollywoodreporter.com was a less jazzy favorite too....

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
google news for general stuff
huffpo for US stuff
cbc.ca for canadian stuff
bbc.co.uk for anything international

for local stuff i do the regular globe and star with a healthy dose of torontoist.

djfear

TRIBE Member
news.bbc.co.uk
slashdot.org
thestar.com (for local crap)
theweathernetwork.com (because the weather is important!)
nytimes.com
english.aljazeera.net
cnn.com (for sensationalist crap)

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I have become a news junkie in the past few years. As much as I appreciate a newspaper, I don't want to buy it if I can read it online, plus I don't get my fingers dirty. It's all about news on the iphone because of my commute. Once at work, I sporadically check news online.

Citynews.ca
msn.ca
yahoo.ca
google rss to various topics (tech, adv/mkt, auto news, sports, photo)
digg and reddit (prolly spend more time here than anywhere online)

IPHONE
Globe and Mail
NY Times
Huffington Post
msnbc
the star app
twitter

So, no one's mentioned Fox News yet? Number one news source in the US.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
CNNSI
ESPN
Prodailysports
USA TODAY
TSN
Sportsnet
Globesports
Waymoresports.com <thestar sports section.
Twitter