• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where do you change your oil?

kuba

TRIBE Member
looking for an oil change place, open late though, and somewhere AROUND ossington/college.

kuba

TRIBE Member
thanks for that advice conor.

i'll pay you twenty cents: wanna do it for me SINCE YOU DONT WORK THAT OFTEN

kuba

TRIBE Member
yeah I too listen to the fan590 but ossington and college isnt really close to BRAMPTON

but, thanks.

ANYONE ELSE?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
Is there a Canadian Tire near there Jake? I usually go to them and they are open lateish and can do it quickly.

zoo

TRIBE Member
brampton? nice!

where-abouts do you live?

on queen st between dixie and the 410 there is a Speedy, they will change your oil for like $25

unless you're broke or have an hour to mess around the car on a weekend, just take it there

you will find lots of garages on queen st and also on steeles, most will do it for $20-$30

also make sure you specify you -only- want an oil change and nothing else, or they may end up replacing air filters and things that don't need replacing

p.s :p

kuba

TRIBE Member
canadian tire wanted me to wait one hour.

jiffy lube charged me 70 bucks last time cuz I got strongarmed into getting some other bullshit there.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Jiffylube and Mr. Lube are assholes like that. Just tell them "NOOOOOO" and stand your ground.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Jiffy lube tried to convince me to change my Transfer Case fluid for about $130 (something like that). Toyota charged me $30.

Swamper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
Would you seriously let Canadian Tire touch your car???

They're ok for oil changes / tire install/rotation and the like..

No idea about more advanced work..

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Its a fucking oil change for christ sakes.

I'd let CT do it any day. Its not rocket science, twist, remove, drain, put in new one.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
do it yourself lazy!!!

i put Syntec in my VR6 myself... only way i can afford the luxury of synthetic oil :]

finary

TRIBE Promoter
p.s. i wont even let Volkswagen touch my car any more! so i would NEVER go near Crappy Tire!

they do quite a number on your undercarriage. beat the fuck outta it, strip screws, etc...

i'd rather take the pride and care and do a good job myself.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Yeah doing it yourself isn't that tough! Hell if I can do it anybody can

Just make sure you water your lawn with the old oil, or pour it into the stormdrain so it is returned to the earth from whence it came. Recycling is fun

kuba

TRIBE Member
In the summer I will learn how to do an oil change.

I dont have a garage, or anywhere to do it for that matter.

Its cold as ass outside, and Im fucking lazy. Would rather pay a greasemonkey twenty bucks to do it while I stay home and play madden2004.

I dont know why I didnt think earlier to get toyota to do it for me. Thirty bucks plus tax which isnt bad.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
jake as a more helpful answer to your question... go to my mechanic...

OK Tire & Auto Service
490 Dupont

Ask for Vince.

/finary