• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where do I find someone to install an HD antenna

erika

TRIBE Member
And maybe even to tell me what to buy?

I'm fed up with Rogers; never watch 90% of what's on offer. Fibe-TV wants over $10/month just to add in two french channels, so the hell with them all - I'm finally cutting that umbilical cord.

When the weather is good enough for someone to access the roof without freezing to death of course.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
you could do a search on kijiji for 'OTA antenna'. There are quite a few installers on there.

Of course, i can't personally recommend any of them. But it might be a decent place to start.

acheron

TRIBE Member
theantennaguys.com - Home

we had ours installed several years ago by a guy who has since changed his business to a more commercial-oriented clientele.

Installation took about an hour or so.

Your proximity to the CN Tower is important and a clear line of sight to it and also across the lake to Buffalo. If your view southward is blocked by an enormous apartment building it could be problematic.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
exactly. It cost us more than that (we have a high peaked roof so it did take a bit more time to get the thing installed three or four years ago but it was paid off in like six months of no expressvu.

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
so are cable bills,:eek: I used the antenna guys as well.

Probably could have done it myself though and save a few hundred.

either way you'll recoup the cost in less than a year
i helped my dad set one up at my parents place a few years ago. we bought a dual bay antenna and mount for under a $100. looking on kijiji people are quoting under $300 for installation with antenna.

granted i can't vouch for random ads on kijiji, but that IMO seems reasonable. $500+ seems excessive for most homes. just my opinion.

i plan on setting up a OTA antenna this year. i'll definitely be doing the install myself (well, with a friends help, but definitely won't pay $500). i've done FTA satellite installs which IMO are more difficult.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
It really depends where you live. If your downtown and have a clear view of the cn tower and south to buffalo you should be good.

Never mind those expensive antennas. I bought the 25 dollar antenna from china town, stapled it to a pole on my roof, and bam, 25 plus channels of glories HD TV. Buffalo channels included.

Plus for on 25, bucks, i would just go buy a new one the next year. Always worked. Give it a try before you spend big bucks on a fancy antenna.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lobo

TRIBE Member
It really depends where you live. If your downtown and have a clear view of the cn tower and south to buffalo you should be good.

Never mind those expensive antennas. I bought the 25 dollar antenna from china town, stapled it to a pole on my roof, and bam, 25 plus channels of glories HD TV. Buffalo channels included.

Plus for on 25, bucks, i would just go buy a new one the next year. Always worked. Give it a try before you spend big bucks on a fancy antenna.
Agreed. Your location is going to determine how well you can get the channels.

Lobo

erika

TRIBE Member
I did spend $500 but don't regret it: I have 26 channels with crystal clear reception, and no more cable bills :)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I have a $49 RCA OTA (indoor) antenna in our bedroom. I get 12-14 channels. When I feel it isn't doing enough, I power on the PI.

:)