• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where can I rent a big truck?

kuba

TRIBE Member
I called budget, and they only got one, at 5:30pm.

I called enterprise, and they don't rent them.

Do you know of any rental agencies you've used before? In the west end? Its the moving type of truck I need, with the little ramp.

Thanks,

Q.onamoving.tip
 

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
I called budget, and they only got one, at 5:30pm.

I called enterprise, and they don't rent them.

Do you know of any rental agencies you've used before? In the west end? Its the moving type of truck I need, with the little ramp.

Thanks,

Q.onamoving.tip
Uhaul actually has pretty solid rates.

uhaul.com
 

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
problem with uhaul is that everyone I ask says they suck donkey ass.
I've used U-Haul every time I've moved and never had a problem.

That's what I'm going to use when I move Jake.
 

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
U haul was what I used as well. It shouldn't be too difficult gettting a truck through them since its not the end of the month.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj Red Turtle
U haul was what I used as well. It shouldn't be too difficult gettting a truck through them since its not the end of the month.
I should reserve one very soon or I might be fucked.
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tommysmalls
do you really need a cube? how bout using a panel van and doing more trips?
cube is better than panel. panel would take too many trips because im starting the move not until 5 tonight.
 

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
cube is better than panel. panel would take too many trips because im starting the move not until 5 tonight.
UHaul at Queensway west of Kippling always has trucks available.

There's a Budget there too.

Also.. Did you check the Budget at College and Spadina?

Happy Moving!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
uhaul it is! 19.95 per day plus 15.00 insurance plus 0.49 per km.

51.00 there and back, half off of what budget wants

THERE MUST BE A CATCH!
 

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
uhaul it is! 19.95 per day plus 15.00 insurance plus 0.49 per km.

51.00 there and back, half off of what budget wants

THERE MUST BE A CATCH!
I think it's all about the per km charge. Uhaul's is a significantly higher then most other places I believe.

But it works out better if you aren't going that far.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Man, tonight is gonna be exciting!

Two of my friends have rented Uhauls. One was during a downpour and the windshield wipers conveniently stopped working on the 427. The other friend was driving to London from Toronto when the gas gauge rapidly started going from Full to Empty. When he pulled over...he realized that he had a gas tank leak (from the trail of gasoline that was following his car)
 
I've used u-haul for truck rentals at least 12 times (every move I've ever made).

Their trucks are old, but I've never had problems with them (though I heard people have - they're the only ones I've notcied broken down at the side of the road) with the exception of once.

I was moving my shit from Toronto to London I rented a one way drop off from burlington (it was the only one that supposedly had a truck I could use for one-way drop off). I showed up at 8 am to the office and there were no trucks. There were at least 20 other people there and they had NO trucks for any of us. They had a gigantic problem with their booking/scheduling and had booked trucks for thousands of people across ontario that they didn't have (it was in the newspapers).

I had to drive to quelph to pick up a truck and didn't actually get it until 6 pm. Pain in the arse to say the least.
 

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
problem with uhaul is that everyone I ask says they suck donkey ass.
I found the budget out near the airport always has trucks and at a much better rate than uhaul.

discount sometimes has trucks.

The uhaul on the queensway almost always has trucks, its just they are a little more money than most other places. They are stick a pretty good company, my dad rented from them and the truck leaked they gave him 600$ in damages without any hassle. The rental was only 100$...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i've heard of lots of problems with u-haul's booking system. i helped a friend move in december. when she got to the pick up point for the truck, they had no record of her booking at all. they had no more cubes left so they gave her a pickup. what should have been a 2 hour move turned into a 7.5 hour ordeal.
 

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
i've heard of lots of problems with u-haul's booking system. i helped a friend move in december. when she got to the pick up point for the truck, they had no record of her booking at all. they had no more cubes left so they gave her a pickup. what should have been a 2 hour move turned into a 7.5 hour ordeal.
If this happens to me can I just strap my couch to your back and cattle prod you to my new apartment?
 
Top