• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where can I get dubplates cut ?

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
I'm shopping around for the best quality and price

Also, does any one know if the Vestax cutter is any good ?

Dave
P.S. in the G.T.A preferrably

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
Scratch Free press is the only place I know of

dont bother with the vestax its Crap (well so I hear anyway?)

olde

TRIBE Member
The Vestax cutter is like 9000 USD from what I've heard. But apparently the result is better than acetate and lasts 90% as long as regular vinyl.

As for where in Toronto? I remember Sniper had some company and the website was sniperdubplates.com or something? But I went and it wasn't there. So mabye you'll have better luck finding it.

jordan

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by REMI XO
Scratch Free press is the only place I know of

dont bother with the vestax its Crap (well so I hear anyway?)

I hearded the vestax was good, they dont use acetate. so they wont die out after 100 plays or whatever. But there not for sale anymore.Since a long time, no one bought them. And if you own one now, you cant get the vinyl to cutt it into (i forget what kind of mat4erial it is but its very hard to get)

As for dubplates, check out this place in Uk, pretty cheap, and they'll ship anywhere.This is where Roni Size among others get theres done.

http://www.dubstudio.co.uk/

**Did you know, that a bowling ball is made out of the exact material (acetate) as records. So you could melt down a bowling bowl, shape it, then cut it into a record:D **

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Ya dub plates don't last very long. I would say even after 20 plays the sound quality is greatly reduced. How do I know ? becuase I have pressed a few of them. I have used scratch free and they do as good a job as any in this city but they don't master well. Most places won't master a dub so its up to you to get the sound right.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
if its going to vinyl and you want it loud:

Keep bass in mono
Watch your phase
Keep the frequencies in check

you also have to understand vinyl does not have the same kind of dynamic range as a CD either.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders