• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

where can I find...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
quirky cotton tops (tanks, tubes or tees) in a multitude of solid colors?

I'm looking for fitted cotton (stretch probably) shirts that have interesting cut outs, straps, seams, collars, etc. but generally I want the fabric and the pattern to be fairly simple...looking for detailing in the design, even if it's just of a simple cotton shirt.

this is the only example I could find...I don't want side cut outs but you get the idea.

49_1_b.JPG

Suggestions?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Persephone

TRIBE Member
I think the actual top you're looking at is Punky Fish brand, and fortunately there's a Punky Fish store at Yorkdale - very funky!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
yep - if you're looking for something downtown, i've got a few reccomendations!

- "pull" on queen street - formerly "get outside" - just east of spadina. they carry punky fish as well as a TON of other interesting designs that i only ever find there. a bit on the pricey side, but it's my favourite store hands down, if that means anything.

- american apparel. there's a big store on queen - they tend to have more basic cuts, but they've been getting a bit interesting lately. plus, it's all 100% good quality cotton, sweat shop free, and almost everything is a solid colour.

- also - try a number of places in chinatown - though you'll definitely have to sift. my favourite one is just north of blockbuster on spadina on the west hand side. there's 'ah seh fashion' which is just north of that one, and 'u-right' which is across the street on the east hand side, a little further up. i can't remember the name of the first one, but it's *perfect* for very cheap, flattering tops that are good for going out.

i'm sure i'll think of more...

:)

JESuX

TRIBE Member
skip - also try the old favourites - h&m, and urban outfitters - failing the other suggestions, i'm *sure* they'll have something.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
American apparel is most like what I'm looking for because they have some really cute slim fit, knee length, high waisted skirts in a multitude of colors that I'm trying to match with. I have one in bright blue and will probably pick one up in black and hot pink too so I need some similarly textured tops in basic colors to mix and match with.

I've never heard of punky fish - do they have a website?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i'm loving american apparel right now. the colours are incredible.

oh, and i bought a neato sleeveless punky fish tshirt from board sports at yonge & davisville, but i gave it to goodwill with the tags still on. what was i thinking?

kick

TRIBE Member
Space FB on queen has plain simple fabrics but cool designs...some more basic than others.

It's kinda pricey, but it's all made in Montreal :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders