1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Where can I buy a disc for disc golf?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by [SQUARE], May 26, 2010.

1. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Please assist me in my quest to find a disc for disc golf. There are a bunch of online stores but I can't find anything in terms of an actual store in Toronto. Basically I want to buy one today. Any suggestions?
  2. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

You don't just use one disc, you use different discs for different situations. If you only want to use one disc, I guess any normal disc will do and you can find them everywhere.
  3. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Sorry....I meant a set.
  4. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I'm not sure - but I would post the question on redflagdals forums. Gets alot more traffic and guaranteed someone will know, and fast.
  5. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

6. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Europe Bound has them on King Street
  7. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

I looked up disc golf because it sounds cool, but I think my internet is broken because all I saw were crappy frisbees
  8. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

9. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

it is best to have a variety of discs including a distance driver, fairway driver, mid range, and putter.
    but if you're just getting into the game you can get a fairway driver and just play with that. it takes time to learn the difference between throwing a frisbee and a disc so your best starting off with 1 - 2 discs and expanding your collection as you go and learn the differnet types of throws and the ways certain discs curve.

I'd advise something like a Innova Tee Bird or Innova Leopard as a good starter disc.
    both are relatively stable fairway drivers so you'll be able to tee off and shoot mid range shots with more consistency. start with a fairway driver, then get a putter, then a distance driver, then a mid range. but if you can find a deal on a starter set of 3 thats not a bad idea either, Im just not sure where the sell them.

as for where to get them, I usually shop online however I've seen a place on Front Street called Europe Bound that has a couple of Discraft disc golf discs in their window.
  10. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

they are specially molded discs, made of different kinds of rubber or plastic depending on the type. very different from your average frisbee.

as this image shows, the discs all have different types of grooves/edges to help change the flight patterns.
  11. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Yup thats where I ended up finding them. There are lots of dealios online but it was a last minute plan. It was a great day to be on the island!
  12. sam

sam TRIBE Member

The toy store in the Queens Quay terminal is where I used to get mine...they had a good selection of putters, drivers and midrange.
  13. joey

joey TRIBE Member

ive bought all mine from ebay