• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Where can a geet a good piece of meat?

deveator

TRIBE Member
Can you recommend a good butcher dt where I could pick up some nice steaks for bbq'in? Not the organic butcher on Church as for those prices I might as well just go out for steak. I love the steaks from costco that are like 3 for $30. Do any of the supermarkets dt have similar quality steaks? So far steaks from Metro and Sobeys have all been crap. Any suggestions?

BigLove

TRIBE Member
The healthy butcher at Queen and Portland is good and reasonably priced. Also, while I agree that the steaks from the Metro tend to be crap, I have found the one at Liberty Village to be pretty good.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mingster

TRIBE Member
loblaws has got the beef on sale this week. i picked up two huge top sirloin grilling steaks and a nice sized pot roast for $16 last night, at dupont & christie. i think everything was around $8/kilo.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
Thanks. I'll check out the St. Lawrence Market! :)
definitely. the selection of meats to be found there are second to none.
you can even buy ground kangaroo or camel meat!
the prices aren't the best, but they competitive given the fact there are so many butchers within the place.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
I love Grace Meat Market on College (at Grace). Genuinely very well priced. Waaayyy cheaper than any Costco or St.Lawrence and the quality is fantastic. They sell all kinds of other stuff like you would find at St.Lawrence like a nice variety of Olives...even proper cheeses. Ex. Beemster there is like $9.99 a pound. Mental.

When did Healthy Butcher become reasonable? You get what you pay for as advertised...but try to buy enough meat for a dinner for three for less than $40.

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
oh and I should add...I used to buy the Costco tenderloins you described --3 for $30 and the quality did not compare to Grace. And about $10 cheaper.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Can you recommend a good butcher dt where I could pick up some nice steaks for bbq'in? Not the organic butcher on Church as for those prices I might as well just go out for steak. I love the steaks from costco that are like 3 for $30. Do any of the supermarkets dt have similar quality steaks? So far steaks from Metro and Sobeys have all been crap. Any suggestions?
Perhaps its not the meat's fault.

Just saying...baconpan

ninja

TRIBE Member
If you are ever in Vancouver Oyama on Granville island is amazing.

Side note.
This thread is right below "if you dress like a slut" and makes me chuckle.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
vince gasparro's meat market.
bloor and roxton.
yum.
Never tried the meat, but they have great eggs for only $4 a dozen. I get my eggs there pretty much exclusively.

Butcher by nature has good meat for a reasonable price. Good meat is expensive but worth it. If you don't want to pay as much buy the cheaper cut of the good stuff instead of "premium" supermarket crap. For example, you can get a flank steak big enough to feed at least four for $20 at butcher by nature. That's half of the $40 challenge.