• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When you hear that song when you know... they shouldn't know it.

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
I heard a song playing.. but it was at a low enough volume that I thought I left the record playing on the deck playing thru my headphone it sounded so familiar. I look over at my dex and instantly remember the name... Funk A Tron - Robbie Rivera. Nothing playing on the decks lol ( nice memory i have )

Anyways, its actually comming outside from someone elses house. Who the hell is playing this... The sound travels in my neighbourhood so I don't know where it's comming from.

Think ill crank my version when there's is done.

I love it when I hear my fav music playing when its not me playing it. It would be better if it was a newer song but anyways. Makes me happy. SUPPORT!

DAvo

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I hear ya.

Couple summers ago I got home from work and heard someone blasting some Krafty Kuts.

Followed the sound, met a guy who just moved in down the block from me.

He gave me 4 joints free for hanging out with him and chatting.

Score!

2 months later the SWAT team busted down his door and I found out they had a meth lab in the basement and multiple firearms/drugs/stolen goods.

:eek:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEANT AND THUS CANNOT SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE
I'll try to explain what I got out of it.

There are certain tunes/genres that people feel are "exclusive" to those who follow the "EDM Scene".

When you are going about your everyday activities and you hear such a tune coming from an unlikely source it is a pleasant surprise.

Clear?

acheron

TRIBE Member
true, I mean, I'm so used to hearing SUPER BASS euro garbage coming out of tuned-up cars with massive stereos that I swear I'd run off the road if I heard Richie or some sweet, sweet house (G-Pal, anyone?) - basically, I would probably think it was my doppleganger and I would run away to avoid a quantum collision.

why not

TRIBE Member
when i lived in a studio with a few guys, we heard this band practicing next door, playing the same song over and over.

we quietly went over to our instruments, figured out the key, and when they stopped playing the song, we started doing our version of it back at them, at a stupidly loud volume.

they stopped playing for a while after that, and we felt kind of bad.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
2 months later the SWAT team busted down his door and I found out they had a meth lab in the basement and multiple firearms/drugs/stolen goods.

:eek:
holy crap! that's awesome...!!!!!! Biggup the neighbourhood meth labs...!

:p

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by why not
when i lived in a studio with a few guys, we heard this band practicing next door, playing the same song over and over.

we quietly went over to our instruments, figured out the key, and when they stopped playing the song, we started doing our version of it back at them, at a stupidly loud volume.

they stopped playing for a while after that, and we felt kind of bad.
that's the kind of mean that's funny.

alma

TRIBE Member
Good story Eclectic. :D Dig Krafty Kuts too.

Originally posted by acheron
true, I mean, I'm so used to hearing SUPER BASS euro garbage coming out of tuned-up cars with massive stereos
ˆˆˆ it would be awesome to hear my fave tracks coming from a souped-up chassis-lamped white CRX down around Yonge and Gould St. YES, it will happen!