• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When you buy something, gotta try it right away?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Janiecakes' new dish rack (re: NC thread) has got me thinking...

everytime I get something like that, I sorta have to find an excuse to try it right away. When I got a swiffer, I made a huge mess on purpose just to test the validity of the commerical... when I got my new iron, I pressed all the pants I had in an afternoon.

does anyone else feel the conpulsive need to justify a purchase by testing it out? is this like buyers remorse that can be quelled with a simple run through?

I feel like a kid who gets a toy from the store and opens it on the car ride home.

once tested, the excitement becomes a chore and I never really want to swiffer or iron again...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Krzysiu said:
Janiecakes' new dish rack (re: NC thread) has got me thinking...

everytime I get something like that, I sorta have to find an excuse to try it right away. When I got a swiffer, I made a huge mess on purpose just to test the validity of the commerical... when I got my new iron, I pressed all the pants I had in an afternoon.

does anyone else feel the conpulsive need to justify a purchase by testing it out? is this like buyers remorse that can be quelled with a simple run through?

I feel like a kid who gets a toy from the store and opens it on the car ride home.

once tested, the excitement becomes a chore and I never really want to swiffer or iron again...
you are a marketers dream

Skipper

TRIBE Member
If it's something not very fun, like an IRON or a mop or a new cleaning product, then no...in fact I'll probably postpone using it for as long as possible.

If it's records, then absolutely

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
When I got a new bong, hooka, vaporizer, pipe, roller, or hell - even new papers, I gotta give it atleast one good test the moment I get it home.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
If it's something not very fun, like an IRON or a mop or a new cleaning product, then no...in fact I'll probably postpone using it for as long as possible.
thats why I find it weird that I do that... its like "OH BOY, something new" and thirty seconds later, I'm like yaaaawn... why'd I think chores were fun?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
LOL I experienced this yesterday. I bought a new wireless mouse (my first) during my lunch hour and opened it up and used it at work for the rest of the day.

Such wireless joy. Wires are the debil.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Swiffers are bad, they kill puppies. ;)

When I buy makeup or clothes I have to use try/wear it right away.
Books I wait, I like the anticipation of a good read almost as much as reading. Apparently I need to buy more toys cause I can't think of a product out of these categories asides from food.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
if the price is in a rotating red star and is alleged to be "too good to be true"... my wallet aches.
haha if i find an overlooked eBay auction my Paypal throbs........

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
swiffers are pure shit. All they do is push dirt around. Sure, some of the dirt sticks to it, but not enough to warrant swiffing.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
swiffers: why use a broom and dust pan when you can make even more waste with disposable parts??

YES

Lets just add to Toronto's growing garbage problem. Huzzah to convenience!

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
i suffer from this affliction. today i picked up a henckel and chopped/diced/julienned up a storm

the only things i don't have to get into the day after i buy it are books and cds. i have a pile of books in "the queue" and cds still in plastic on the rack.

edit* oh but i'm also this way with groceries. you can usually bet that within half an hour of getting home from the grocery store that i'll be bloated and half comatose having just gorged on baby carrots, nutella, rice crackers, pomegranate juice, a bowl of cereal, yogurt, etc, etc

Last edited:

joey

TRIBE Member
years ago in high school..

my friend and I went out after an ultimate game and i bought a T&A shirt (spoof on A&W) and then wore it to school the next day. my friend is all like, "i knew you would wear that today".

dude, obviously im gonna wear it today, i just got it yesterday..

that's my story

Last edited: