• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When the fuck is Speedy J and Mills coming back??

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nmh

TRIBE Promoter
Speaking of Jeff Mills, anyone round here pick up the DVD / CD Three Ages set? It's awesome. After making 76 minutes worth of music keyed to particular scenes in Metropolis (which runs over 2 hours long), Mills goes the distance and scores the entirety of Three Ages. The outtakes he made are my favourite, especially when he rewinds and plays parts so that the brontosaurus looks like he's getting down.

His Rings of Saturn, Metropolis, and now Three Ages are well up in my pantheon of the most clever, formally daring techno adventures.

nmh

TRIBE Promoter
Last time Mills was here he was all right, but I had been hoping for a lot more. He was touring the DVD he released where you can watch him dj, and I heard about the Montreal show where they projected the DVD and he played live with it, all without it sounding like a colossal mess. I was looking forward to something like that, but when he got to TO he just played records. Not particularly funky either, just some banging stuff.

The Speedy J PA a couple years back was fucking phenomenal. It was the most intense techno experience I've had yet. I'd love to see him back.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
I forget who it was that put this together but I think it deserves to be reposted...

theface.jpg

:)

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jeffpayne
I forget who it was that put this together but I think it deserves to be reposted...

theface.jpg

:)

i'm ready for another of round SPEEDY FUCKING J!!!!!!!

FUCK that night was off the goddamn chain!!! i still have goosebumps thinking about everyone in element losing their shit

patri©k

TRIBE Member
wow.... seems as though this is going to be bringing out a weird crowd. Already.... not even an hour after I first read the thread... I'm getting people who NEVER step foot into the techno room... attend techno parties... and probably have no clue about speedyj and/or his production/history... etc....

msn/email me saying... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG YES GUY!!!!!

like.... uhhhhh..... when were you a techno fan!? LOL.

ah well..... looks like my elbows will be the 'spacemaker' for the night. :)

meaning: it's going to be raaaammed.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Patty...after reading your more passionate posts about detroit, and germany - how could anyone not want to go out and hear some techno?! You get everyone excited!!!

I'm really pissed at work for making me miss this.

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
wow.... seems as though this is going to be bringing out a weird crowd. Already.... not even an hour after I first read the thread... I'm getting people who NEVER step foot into the techno room... attend techno parties... and probably have no clue about speedyj and/or his production/history... etc....

Sounds just like the Bukem thread in the jungle room!!! LOL!

But seriously, when the f*ck is Speedy J coming back to Toronto?
(it funny cuz Carl and I were just asking each other that a couple of days ago)

Guys, if I win the lotto I promise to bring Mills & Speedy Speedster over here.
:D

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k

LOL!

I just read this, but check your PMs. ;)

Tekno-Bot

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah I had Miss Christina tell me 5 times over to see if I was hearing her right about Speedy J playing in the Gallery....AND HE IS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!:D IMO right now I think the Gallery is a little 2 small for him because I know every single Techno head (well 95%) in Toronto is going to come out to see the guy, from minimal Techno fans to Hard Techno fans. :cool:

Depending on the large anticipation toward the actual date they may have to move it to .The Orange Room to give us some dancing and breathing room. :D

What do you all think??