• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

When somebody yells at you....

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
How do you respond?

This morning I was at work and the foreman decided to start yelling at me. Part way through his tirade. I screamed at him twice as loud at the top of my lungs right into his face:

"Don't yell at me motherfucker! Who the fuck do you think you are? My dad?My mom? My girlfriend?Go fuck yourself! You have no right to yell at me you fucking cunt!!! "

...and you know what? He shut up once I started screaming at him. Maybe he was shocked that an subordinate would have the never to yell right back at them. :eek: Needless to say he said I was fired... but by that time I had already decided that I was going to quit anyway. Its not worth taking abuse for that kind of money. Its not worth it in any circumstances really.

I had already had a discussion with the manager this morning about my wages. They undercut my wage by $4/hr from the start of my employment with them 5 weeks ago. They said "Oh you need to prove your worth this amount money." Of course there was no specific details regarding what I needed to do to be at my agreed upon wage. I asked them for specific items and a timeline. They were vague about everything. This is always the case. The wage you start at, is the wage you will be paid for the duration of your employment with the company...Anyways...

How do you guys deal with these type of rage-o-holics which seem to be the norm in this business. I need some other tactics to deal with these types of people other than just screaming back at them. (Altho it seems to be effective.:D)

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
...and now 1 phone call later I have a new job. Start tomorrow morning. Its the company that laid me off a few weeks ago. Back to my regular wage. I feel much better now. Think I will smoke a joint now. :D

Last edited:
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

praktik

TRIBE Member
I had a very interesting TTC ride last thursday, got accosted by two mormons and spent the whole time on the 25 to pape talking to them, was actually kind of interesting and fun... good interaction.

Then I am exiting High park station in a crowd of slow movers and there's this security guard a few feet in front of me - notice there's a certain air about him and he kind of looks at me over his shoulder.

Turns around and soft-yells "Hey buddy why you walking so close can't you see i have a sidearm??"

I was a little surprised cause like, this could be a seinfeld bit and there is no way I was walking any closer to him than the person behind me was walking behind me - I mean, this was all routinized subway exiting...

So I just said "Sorry bro, hope your day gets better from here..." to which he said some shit I didn't hear and I just walked on...

And this is the type of personality we have carrying weapons and working security!

derek

TRIBE Member
and it's totally his fault for not watching you closing the gap (he should have announce his presence prior to you getting with arms reach) not yours

i carried a sidearm for a while. one time at a busy terminal there was a forklift driver that didn't like the fact my partner and i were blocking his access (verbally announced he should remain where he was until we were finished). he started hurling insults at us, screaming at the top of his voice, and then started to race his forklift directly at us. i placed my hand the grip of my sidearm (didn't draw from holster but was ready to), he stopped immediately and then accused me of threatening him with the weapon. he got his supervisor and i had our dispatch call the police.

needless to say the police cleared me of any wrong doing and actually cautioned the forklift driver that he was lucky he didn't get closer as i would have been within my right to defend myself. ie don't use your forklift as a weapon, especially on someone carrying a sidearm.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
This is why I don't take jobs with peasant Quebecers nor Italians. They essentially bark at each other all day. It gives me a headache.

Sorry to be so specific, but it's true

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
I had a very interesting TTC ride last thursday, got accosted by two mormons and spent the whole time on the 25 to pape talking to them, was actually kind of interesting and fun... good interaction.

Then I am exiting High park station in a crowd of slow movers and there's this security guard a few feet in front of me - notice there's a certain air about him and he kind of looks at me over his shoulder.

Turns around and soft-yells "Hey buddy why you walking so close can't you see i have a sidearm??"

I was a little surprised cause like, this could be a seinfeld bit and there is no way I was walking any closer to him than the person behind me was walking behind me - I mean, this was all routinized subway exiting...

So I just said "Sorry bro, hope your day gets better from here..." to which he said some shit I didn't hear and I just walked on...

And this is the type of personality we have carrying weapons and working security!
Wait, what security guards carry sidearms? I was fairly confident that crap is limited to armoured cars.

derek

TRIBE Member
^^^

cash / change pickup from the booth and ticket machines. It's a TTC employee with and armed security guard