• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

when painting goes wrong

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Yeah, so I thought I'd try and spruce up our old broken lemon of a house we bought 2.5years ago and like everything else in this house, it didn't work out as expected.

My bathroom looks like there was a smurf massacre. seriously.
The swatch I picked looks nothing like the color on the wall!

GAH!

It'll grow on me, I hope.

Note to people, buy newer. Old houses have great characteristics, but if you don't have the time, patience or $$$$ to put forth, it's a waste.

fucking inspector, don't know what I paid him for. to inspect his ass, cuz his head musta been up it to miss all this bullshit!

end rant.:mad:

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
don't know what I paid him for. to inspect his ass, cuz his head musta been up it to miss all this bullshit!
haha.

but you can't be blaming the inspector for the colour looking wrong. ;) did you prime and put two coats and all that jazz? i, for one, cannot wait to buy my own home and start painting and decorating. it's gonna be the best evur!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Where did u get yer paint from? That might have something to do with yer colour not turning out the way it should.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: when painting goes wrong

Originally posted by mingster
haha.

but you can't be blaming the inspector for the colour looking wrong. ;) did you prime and put two coats and all that jazz? i, for one, cannot wait to buy my own home and start painting and decorating. it's gonna be the best evur!
no, not the paint!:) I am to blame for that...actually, it doesn't look that bad now that the room is done...it is just different from what the swatch looked like.
As for the inspector though, he fucked up. The paint was just one esthetic thing I wanted to do in order to make up for all the other BS. Everything from electrical issues, insulating issues, water pipe issues and a furnace that decides to shoot cold air out. This house was refinshed in such a way that a first time home buyer at the age of 25 would not known what they were getting into.

Looks good from far, but far from good kinda thing.

oh well. we live and learn right?

lucky1

TRIBE Member
... It might not help you now, but if you want your money back smudge a bit of paint besied the swatch and when it drys different colours take it back and complain.

Thats where all those miss tints come out.

In the future make the paint store sample the paint and dry it so you can be sure.

moose-meat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
fucking inspector, don't know what I paid him for. to inspect his ass, cuz his head musta been up it to miss all this bullshit!

end rant.:mad:
Dont beat yourself up over that one. I was saying the same thing
just months ago. Its been 6 months and I am still noticing flaws that I wonder how I originally missed.

As for what you paid him for , probably just piece of mind during a stressful time.

May your furnace keep working and your toilets keep flushing. :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories