• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When is the Party over?

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Ok, not that I'm going to be partying like this for 30 more years, but I was just wondering poeples opinions on when you think the time would be right for you to stop going to clubs and "rave" type events? I am assuming alot of the people here don't have kids(excluding french disco girl ) rock on sista friend!

Hmm ,I just often wonder what it is going to be like for this generation.....it's not like we are getting married as young as most of our parents were....and I think we have learned about making smarter choices as far as that goes...alot less pressure to get married and such......

Whenever I go out to see a dj, I have a fun time, and I don't mean to be selfish but that's something I like to do. alot!. :D
But it's kind of a self-spiritual kind of thing for me...I just love the tunes....and alot of other people in this world don't relate to "our kind of people".......especially in my town.

end rant....discuss.
Dave

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I'm in the process of saying my farewells to this kind of partying (not entirely, but mostly). It's not as fun as it used to be. Also, other activities are becoming more entertaining and satisfying for me (and healthier).

Bumbaclat

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
A very good question to which I have given much thought and come to little conclusion.

I think/hope there will be a time when other things will be more important.

Let me know if anybody has the answer.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Kind of a ludicrous question...

Partying isn't shitting your pants or wetting the bed, so why would you even worry about when you should stop?

When it's not fun anymore? Naawww... that would be too simple.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
I think it's pretty safe to say that people will settle down at their own pace. Everyone's priorities are different and most people's priorities change with time. I think most of us would agree that some of the things that were very important to us say, five years ago, don't seem so essential today. Personally, these days a beer seems more appealing than a pill when I go out, and five years ago that wasn't the case.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by sentence
Personally, these days a beer seems more appealing than a pill when I go out, and five years ago that wasn't the case.
Completely the opposite for me.

Maybe because I'm past my Carlsberg years.

G

According to the promoter in the movie Groove, it's when the last record spins.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I think it's different for everyone. I know at least one guy in his 40s who is out all the time partying, getting high, picking up women (though in his case, I think it's pathetic for a few different reasons...his habits are a little scary/out of control). I'm 26 now and I'm losing interest in clubbing/partying. I don't go out as often as I used to. If I want to see my friends, I prefer to see them outside of a club environment...movies, dinner, hanging out, whatever. Clubs are fun but I'm getting a little bored of them. And to be honest one of my biggest fear is becoming some kind of goth-club cougar in my 30s, trying to find love at a bar. I'd like to think that by the time I hit my 30s, partying won't be much of a priority...I'd like to be a little more settled down, at least by my early-to-mid 30s. I think I'm feeling old already...the occasional bender is fun but my friends that party hard (cue the Andrew WK) 3 or 4 nights a week just make me shake my head. I don't know how they do it, or even -why- they'd want to.

~jen

xtollo

TRIBE Member
I was thinking about this the other day, except not clubbers, but rather dj's.

When are dj's gonna realize they are too old? I doubt it will happen anytime soon. S&D this weekend blew the roof off, and they have to be part of the dj senior citizen crew.

Notice how it's hard for dj's to get un-trendy (exception is oakey of course) but some dj's will get bad set reviews, and still continue on strong. Whatever, I'm just talking smack.

Jon

deep

TRIBE Member
What's really happening when people settle down is that they trade their instant gratification kicks for ones that may not be as intense but more stable and sustainable over time.

I think once you acquire more and more responsibility in life your so-called partying habits get sacrificed in the process to make room for them. Basically so long as your responsibilities are met in some way in your life, you will have free time to expend as you please, but as a lot of us are learning that amount of free time decreases/demands increase as time goes on.

A discussion Dynovac and myself had this weekend post Sasha and Digweed was how it boggles the mind that there isn't a more self indulgent generation than there is today, for whom the primary objective in most of our lives is our own individual desires/wishes. In other cultures you exist within a framework and what you want isn't necessarily the only consideration you have in your decisions.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
ludicrous

adj 1: broadly or extravagantly humorous; resembling farce; "the wild farcical exuberance of a clown"; "ludicrous green hair" [syn: farcical, ridiculous] 2: so devoid of wisdom or good sense as to be laughable; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework";

[syn: absurd, derisory, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous]

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtollo

When are dj's gonna realize they are too old? I doubt it will happen anytime soon. S&D this weekend blew the roof off, and they have to be part of the dj senior citizen crew.
I don't think most people realize that a lot of the more renown dj's have been spinning for between 20 and 30 years...

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
ludicrous

adj 1: broadly or extravagantly humorous; resembling farce; "the wild farcical exuberance of a clown"; "ludicrous green hair" [syn: farcical, ridiculous] 2: so devoid of wisdom or good sense as to be laughable; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework";

[syn: absurd, derisory, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous]
I'm aware of the definition and synonyms, it's still unnecessary

The only instances in which it has viable application is in Space Balls movies

It's just a silly word...say it out loud. See, it's unnecessary.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
yeah, well, you're unnecessarily using unnecessary.

not only that, but redundantly.

p.s.: you started it and instigated it.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
yeah, well, you're unnecessarily using unnecessary.

not only that, but redundantly.

p.s.: you started it and instigated it.
This is ludicrous

SET THREAD TO LUDICROUS SPEED

Preroller

TRIBE Member
well, I was kind of going to ask about taht as well....to the DJ's that are on this board......when do you think you might stop dj'ing an get a "regualar" job...not that I'm making anyone.

I am 27 now and I would like to continue to go out once in a while and just get a good dance on...some good hardcore techno like that dukes this weekend.....but will i still want to do this if I have a young child at home? I don't think I will stop liking this kind of music over the course of the next 10 years, but it is hard to find the kinds of people who like it to "settle down with". ya know what I mean?
blah, I'm just throwing around stupid thoughts...
:p

atomic

TRIBE Member
it's all phases of life and/or age.

with occasional exceptions.

the "to party or not to party" question has been going through my head nonstop for about the past year. I think I'm getting a little closer to the end of my partying phase. :(

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I'll stop patrying when I damn well feel like it. Not when I'm ___ years old, or have been partying for ___ amount of time, or when I look around and say "oh, people my age aren't partying, I guess that means I better stop too".

Hopefully when that time does come around, I'll have stopped partying because I found something better, and not just because I got bored with the scene.

Pete

cristal

TRIBE Member
Personally, I have stopped because I am starting a family now and my priorities are different. My older sister (32) still goes out once in a while, but she and her boyfriend are probably going to be partying until they are 50. I actually told my husband last night that by the time my kid is old enough to go partying, my sister will take him out!:)