• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When exhaling loudly counts as talent

diablo

TRIBE Member
I was in my local Rogers video the other day, and they had a Christina Aguilera DVD playing on the store TVs.

At the end of every fucking song, she'd break into an extended, 90-second segment of "Whooo-oooooaaaaa-oooo-oooo[deeper voice]ooo-oooo[/deeper voice]oooooaaaaaaa-ooooooo-whoa-oo-OO-oo..."

I honestly wanted to walk out of the store.

When did this shit start passing for talent? Slaguilera is far from being the only offender, but whenever I see (mostly R&B) singers do this during a live performance, the crowd eats it up. :confused:

Is this supposed to be a demonstration of vocal dexterity or something? It sounds like shit. I'd be more impressed if they sang "do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do" for a minute and a half.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

marcinm

TRIBE Member
i just think Aguilera has gotten really wierd looking as of late.. but i have no idea of what her music is like.. i avoid it like that plague

:p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
She can belt... but she can't sing.

She's no different from Mariah Carey... except that Xtina hasn't got really bad boob implants yet.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
She followed in Brittney's footsteps again by being the Sketcher girl. Man is it a bad picture in the store. Her face looks doughy, that ratty black hair ain't happening, and she's busting the wide fish net stockings and running shoes - ugh.

If she doesn't want to go back to blonde she should try redheading it.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
she's one of a long line of 2nds that people think are better than the original but are wrong

1st NKOTB
2nd Backstreet Boys

1st Nirvana
2nd Pearl Jam

1st Britney Spears
2nd Christine Ag.

etc..

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
I blame Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey for inspiring a generation of singers who go over board with the flourishes.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
I Blame Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey for inspiring a generation of singers who go over board with the flourishes.

and who brought us the Bodyguard & Glitter

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
she's one of a long line of 2nds that people think are better than the original but are wrong

1st NKOTB
2nd Backstreet Boys

1st Nirvana
2nd Pearl Jam

1st Britney Spears
2nd Christine Ag.

etc..

whats the Nirvana/Pearl Jam thing? they came from the same music scene in the same city at the same time.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member

1st NKOTB
2nd Backstreet Boys

1st Nirvana
2nd Pearl Jam

1st Britney Spears
2nd Christine Ag.

etc..

Nirvana and Pearl Jam don't sound alike...plus they formed around the same time.

And Christina is a MUCH better singer with Britney...she's be the one with the long career. But I agree, she needs to quit it with the over-singing...and the weird "HAH!" she adds between lines.

She did a simple version of "At Last" on SNL years ago and she sounded great...all bluesy and understated. So she can NOT oversing when she wants to.

~jen

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
whats the Nirvana/Pearl Jam thing? they came from the same music scene in the same city at the same time.

haha

i knew someone would ask

1st and second in terms of public recognition

Moez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
I blame Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey for inspiring a generation of singers who go over board with the flourishes.

I fully agree, and it drives me mental. What we end up with are loads of singers who can belt and who can't sing softly at all.

I am not a fan of the flourishes. It gets overdone far too much.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..ok I am really pissy faced today due to a serious lack of sleep and yakking for 2 days.

Stop comparing Britney to Christina. I don't understand this.
Britney cannot sing a note to save her life. she sucks cock. I hope she sucks cock better than she sings at least! although, I doubt it.

Christina can sing. peroid.
Britney can eat a dick.

it's like comparing apples n tomatoes

IMO:)

Caz

TRIBE Member

1st NKOTB
2nd Backstreet Boys

1st Nirvana
2nd Pearl Jam

1st Britney Spears
2nd Christine Ag.

etc..

have you recently suffered a stroke?