• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

when does it stop being electronic and just becomes music

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
(hey a music related thread from Krzysiu? get the fuck out!)

Looking at the WEMF flyer, hearing people say "OMG, wemf's more like edgefest this year than edgefest is" and all the other complaining about the event got me think, sorta.

well, not so much thinking as asking questions... ask ask ask.

when does a band stop becoming just a music performance by a band and actually becomes P.A. or a live set of electronic music? Does it even matter? could we just have two bands playing and the dj could just cut the volume from one band to the other? would that be a dj set now?

does the disc jockey even apply now? do we cling to the DJ moniker separate the music mastermind from the dancing sheep? records and cds are not necessary now, we can do everything digitally, so is there a point to being called a DJ?

whats the difference between a live set versus a band playing? we sample acoustic guitars in a track and its a sample, but if we mic'd it live, its a performance?

so my over all question is... what do we define as "electronic" music?

And is it a definition of genre, the method of how which we create this music, an application of technology, or something entirely different?

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
There was no talk of your ass, something you want to eat, getting smashed, mofo, or ninjas...

I think someone else posted that under your account.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
DoubleDown said:
There was no talk of your ass, something you want to eat, getting smashed, mofo, or ninjas...

I think someone else posted that under your account.
haha..c'mon now, he's on his philosophical comedown!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
its amazing how your two cents can be complete unnecessary and antisocially aggressive yet still contribute nothing of substance.

and this is criticism from a guy who basically farts on his keyboard and then hits submit.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Krzysiu said:
its amazing how your two cents can be complete unnecessary and antisocially aggressive yet still contribute nothing of substance.

and this is criticism from a guy who basically farts on his keyboard and then hits submit.
way to completely miss the point champ.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
by the way, i didn't find syntax error's post antisocial or aggressive. he's simply saying he doesn't put any definitions on his music, whatever he likes, he likes. YOUR response, however, reeked of aggresiveness. (go figure, me actually calling someone else on aggressive online posts).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

peko

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
by the way, i didn't find syntax error's post antisocial or aggressive. he's simply saying he doesn't put any definitions on his music, whatever he likes, he likes. YOUR response, however, reeked of aggresiveness. (go figure, me actually calling someone else on aggressive online posts).
syntax reads as VERY negative and passive aggressive - I've always pictured a grumpy old man. ;)