• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When did E become Molly?

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
At first it was X or Adam, then it eventually became E, the astitute would refer to it as MDMA.

But then came the millenials. They call it "Molly". I've had countless arguments with them that "MDMA" is probably the most appropriate nomenclature. But they insist that Molly is more than E, more than MDMA.

I just want to grab them and give them infant death syndrome.

I also recall a time when a pill of "molly" costed $40 and was very likely to contain about 100mg of MDMA. The kids these days are popping $5 pills like they're skittles and getting the same lacklustre buzz.

Ok you can all get off my lawn now.

-jM
A&D

praktik

TRIBE Member
I think some song popularized it a while back.

My 7 years younger brother called it "M", so I think E was already trending out before "molly" came around.

For the record, I still call it E, and I think M > Molly but they're both dumb

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I recall a time in San Francisco, at the sunshine biscuit building -- which I assume enough years have passed that I can use the real name of the place -- I had the good fortune to meet the chemist of the pills I was taking.

He claimed, and I have no reason to doubt him, that the pill he sold me, for only $10, was 150mg of MDMA. It was actually a capsule full of white powder.

He explained to me how the hardest part was crystalizing the oil into a white powder. I was being pulled aside by another fellow who wanted me to bless him in Catholic ritual.

So I took the pill, with a few other tribers, in the sunshine biscuit factory in SF. It took about 45 minutes before anything happened -- but then I was hit HARD by this drug.

We were sitting on a couch and promptly became "couched" according to some girls who were hitting on us. One of my company touched my leg and it sent me ecstatic, even though the words he said after were completely banal.

I lost favour with the girls when I had a cigarette, and when I was done, I dropped it on the floor and rubbed it with my foot.

girls> "People live here!"
girls> "What are you doing?:
me> "ahhh.. sorry.."

And so they left, commenting that we were "couched" anyway. No skin off my back.

I wouldn't normally put out my butt on the floor but this was a very industrial space.

One of the best parties I was ever at. To meet the chemist of your evening is a rare privilege.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I think some song popularized it a while back.

My 7 years younger brother called it "M", so I think E was already trending out before "molly" came around.

For the record, I still call it E, and I think M > Molly but they're both dumb
See Praktik, this is how we can have a conversation without getting at each others' throats.

Add me on facebook (seriously).

-jM
A&D

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
I always thought Molly was a nickname for MDMA, but apparently it's short for 'molecular' as in 'molecular ecstasy'.

It has been M for me until I caved and started calling it molly because the kids had no clue what M was.

E was a pressed pill and M(DMA) was a capsule of powder. At least in the circles I ran in.

When I was younger it was always a nice white but in the last 8 years it's brown and kinda scary looking.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
I feel like most drugs should be named after girls.

We already have Mary Jane and Heroin. Keep the train going, i guess.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
X then E then whatever the Press was, then M then Molly but always MDMA.

Now I feel like getting Mashed, but it's midnight here in Barcelona and we just finished a couple bottles of Roija Crinanza and the 3 year old is already dancing with a glowstick hanging on its neck and offering hugs so my job is done for the evening.

Peace

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Fuck now there's a pic of me with the glowstick on and nothing else other than red Calvin Klein briefs. I either get the Wife's iPhone roll or I'm going to a prison in Catalunya for life...

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I separated the offender from the iphone in question, and deleted the image.

I woke up this morning and was almost immediately confronted with the image in question (again).

I may have to litigate if my wife chooses to continue being uncooperative

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lojack

TRIBE Member
See Praktik, this is how we can have a conversation without getting at each others' throats.

Add me on facebook (seriously).

-jM
A&D
Hehe. One of these days I'd like to go out for a pint with Praktik and Jeffsus. Make it happen boys!

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I'm going to track Jeff down this October fest. Haven't seen him at the King and Frederick tent in a few years.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'm pretty easy to spot. At least, if you're a cop you spot me easily.

But anyway let's make it happen!

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Maui

TRIBE Member
It became molly when the self entitled douchebag generation took over the rave scene. End of story.

Whenever someone uses the word molly I just keep saying "what" like I don't know what they are talking about until they finally show some dignity and spit out the actual name which they always do. fucking kids.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
It became molly when the self entitled douchebag generation took over the rave scene. End of story.

Whenever someone uses the word molly I just keep saying "what" like I don't know what they are talking about until they finally show some dignity and spit out the actual name which they always do. fucking kids.
I like this strategy. I will employ it today.

-jM
A&D