• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

when at an interview...

sen

TRIBE Member
how is one supposed to attach the list of their references to their resume?

a) staple
b) paper clip
c) glue
d) nothing
e) it doesn't really matter...

huh?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
staple

cover letter
resume 1st sheet
resume 2nd sheet
list of references
letter of reference

You're never supposed to staple your cover letter to your resume.. it's done with a paper clip.

and to answer your question. It doesnt' matter.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Never include your references unless it's the second interview. Just have a section on your resume stating that you can make them available upon request.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
h) fold them into one of those origami "pick a number from one to four" thingies.

origami.gif

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
yeah, i realized after that you needn't put the letter of reference with it.

I've always been told to staple the Cover letter on, if you're stapling it all.

I think presenting your resume in this form will get you the most points.
k-rose.jpg

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
..i,j,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,a0,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,a9...........
don't use glue.

if it is a serious job.. like a career...you could always put it in a nice folder. All of it.. resume plus other things you want to include.

I dunno.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
disregard my past antics. I was working at a place that was not a career type of place..but more like summer/part -time work. So I didn't care.

i always make sense... but thank you so much for your complements. I love you too.

A perfect reminder to double check your resume and cover letter for spelling errors and mistakes with grammar.

(I love how after the edit there's still mistakes)

Make that triple check, sen.

Originally posted by Funzo
Never include your references unless it's the second interview. Just have a section on your resume stating that you can make them available upon request.

Actually, it's a good idea to have them on hand at the first interview.

I usually bring a copy of my resume (one for me, one for them in bcase they don't have the correct version - if they pulled it from a website from ages ago or something).

Then when we're done discussing the resume, they might ask for them. You look prepared if you can whip out a page with your references on it (name, title and company(if applicable) and contact info. Indicate whether each reference is professional or personal as you may be required to provide some of each).

In which case you'd not staple/glue/tack/clip it to anything, just hand it over for them to put in their files during the interview.

Sometimes they'd ask for them in advance, in which case send all that shit together.

But most people don't include references with the initial application UNLESS you have some kick ass reference that will make them look twice at your resume (i.e. if one of your references is the client of the company they're trying to sell product to or something).

As for attaching your cover to your resume in the initial application I'd first ask, what the fuck - use e-mail.

If they insist on receiving it via mail, then staple or clip both together. Then hope you don't get the job at a company whose processes are back in the dark ages.

I should add here that there really is no right or wrong (or stock) answer for your question.

p.s. shitpole, your responses are making much more sense after you're reading them over and fixing all the mistakes.

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
disregard my past antics. I was working at a place that was not a career type of place..but more like summer/part -time work. So I didn't care.

i always make sense... but thank you so much for your complements. I love you too.

It's compliments, you dolt.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle

You cared enough to take your dick out and piss into a garbage can.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sen
how is one supposed to attach the list of their references to their resume?

You don't. I've never given references until asked...and that's usually just before I get an offer.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
If I have been asked then I usually have it in an evelope on a decent paper and printed of course.

But I dont give it till I am asked.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spikey
Related question: Does it matter if you give the original or a photocopy of the reference letter?

Never give away your originals! You may need to use them/it again down the road.