• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When are you supposed to say "I love you?"

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
"I love you, Garth!" "I love you too, Mystery Woman!"

I've always been curious about this. I've got a lot of love to give and I sometimes feel the urge to vocalize the sentiment... particularly when under the influence of alcoholic beverages.

Yes. I do. I love. But how can I express the notion that I appreciate someone the way a man appreciates a fine cuban cigar without overstepping certain boundaries that once crossed can make a very silent and awkward moment afterwards.

When is it too soon to say "I love you" in a relationship? Hell, I think I do it when I am drunk and standing beside a stranger in the urinal... "hey guy, I love you man! great party! I'm rocked! weoooooo!"

How come its easier to tell strangers you hate them and their tacky clothes than to tell your friends you love them platonically and appreciate their friendship.

You know what? I am just going to say it. Get it over and done with, out in the open, off my chest, give it my best!

I love you, <your name here>

Oh... wow, this is awkward... did I say too much? I just kind of blurted it out... woah, is my face red!!

Too soon?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

tonep

TRIBE Member
the only time you should say "i love you" is if you have to.

for instance

1 if it is going to get you laid for the first time

2 if you need a favor

3 if you want to ditch her and hang out with your friends

4 borrowing money

5 just had sex with her best friend/sister

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
everytime I look in the mirror...

then I realize Im lying and get depressed [looks down and away from mirror]

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
tonep said:
the only time you should say "i love you" is if you have to.

for instance

5 just had sex with her best friend/sister

for the record, this does NOT work very well.

d

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I've done the "omg, did I just say that?" face to a couple people. I mean it in the "dude, you're awesome and I love being around you" rather than the "I feel a emotionally invested attachment to you which'll probably result in a lot of crying in cold showers and watching romance movies in bed alone, hating the world" way.

je t'aime, it happens.

mingster

TRIBE Member
those are the best three words on the planet.

say it at will. say it to make someone else smile, cause life is too short. say it cause no matter how weird it is, it's always better than the opposite. say it because you feel it and it feels good. because when it's all said and done, "i love you"s mean more than anything. and there's nothing i'd rather take to the grave with me, than a heart full of love.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
405459-master_obvious.jpg

joey

TRIBE Member
I've said thanks before. I dont want to say "it" if i dont really feel it. It's misleading.. why say it if you dont feel it?

that being said, you arent saying it to hear it back. you are just espressing your feelings. but, if you say it and dont get it back it sucks.

i love cake

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
joey said:
I've said thanks before. I dont want to say "it" if i dont really feel it. It's misleading.. why say it if you dont feel it?

that being said, you arent saying it to hear it back. you are just espressing your feelings. but, if you say it and dont get it back it sucks.

i love cake

I just want to espress how much I love expresso.