• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

When are women actually going to dress in an attractive manner again?

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
That dress goes against the teachings of the detroit grand pubahs, who wisely stated: you can be the bun, and i can be the burger girl...we can make sandwiches.

diablo

TRIBE Member
like this

not necessarily a shiny.

on the right girl :eek:
WOULD.

When they stop competing with one another to market themselves as such?

*shrug*

I don't even fully believe that actually. I don't think that women dress for men. They dress to "out-cute" other women, from what I've been able to ascertain in my years of barely understanding them.

I think we're just old. That's why we don't get today's fashion.

Luscious overalls, a Snug baby tee, and some phat skate shoes was far sexier then pregnancy shirts, tights, and flats, imho.

Also, I don't think of the women in my life as objects at all. I think it's easy to speak of "women" in general and speak of them objectively/subjectively. But then treat mothers, sisters, girlfriends, aunts etc with nothing but the utmost respect. I don't think it's so bad to speak generally of women's fashion in this way. I hardly think the author of this thread meant to objectify anyone.

It's not much different different then women treating men as emotionless farm hands. Useful only for opening jars of pickles, hooking up stereo systems, and fixing leaky plumbing. Incapable of emotional understanding or expression. ;) :p

I'm glad I don't like the way young girls are dressing theses days. I'm not young anymore, so I shouldn't be attracted to them!

I don't really care what my girl wears, deep down. As long as she's willing to do the things that I enjoy doing. I.E. Ride a bike, toss a disc, draw in a sketchbook, take pictures, watch hilarious movies, cook good food etc etc.

I will admit that men AND women's fashion has been giving me stinkface lately. But again, we're supposed to fall out of sync with Youth Culture. It's natural. I refuse to buy into the skinny jeans phenomenon. I'm gonna keep listening to my 90's nostalgia electronica, and wearing pants who's pockets my hands can actually fit it.
"They're all whores except mom."

Pottsie

TRIBE Member
Kids growing up now have it made - girls are super slutty and dress that way too. I grew up in the "grunge" era. That's what I call a fucken rip off.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
The return of early 90's shorts with the high waist and no belt looks incredibly awful. Totally unflattering. Long arse island, just off the shore of Longback city.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The return of early 90's shorts with the high waist and no belt looks incredibly awful. Totally unflattering. Long arse island, just off the shore of Longback city.
True, but paired with a really oversized men's shirt as I saw on the bus yesterday, you can totes imagine that they're not wearing pants. Total 'morning-after' look.