• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wheel chairs for children

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Does anyone on tribe use a wheel chair?

When did you start using it?

A very young family member of mine has been advised that it's time to start thinking about a wheel chair. She can walk and all, but she can't walk quickly or for very long and so the therapists advised that it's time to get her used to a wheel chair.

Now, I was thinking some kind of turbo-diesel hot rod type wheel chair where the kid would have to wear goggles and shit, but apparently it's just gonna be some kind of tiny ass chair that people push around. Fine.

But when it comes to style, decor, or fashion, what is there in a wheel chair? How does one spruce up their chair?

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Why isn't she using a walker first? People are very inconsiderate about others who have accessibility needs. Doesn't help that most buildings in Toronto are mostly inaccessible.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Why isn't she using a walker first? People are very inconsiderate about others who have accessibility needs. Doesn't help that most buildings in Toronto are mostly inaccessible.
She doesn't need a walker. She can already walk. However, at three years old, she's become her maximum height of 23". It's not that she can't walk, it's that she can't walk fast enough to keep up with an adult world. So, the doctors said it's time to get her used to a wheelchair, apparently it's better for self esteem.

-jM
A&D

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
god I fucking hate old fucks

I mean I live near this cripple rehab center, where, if should you be a walkin' yer dog, fer sure you're going to come across some younger helpin' some old fuck learn to walk again....

awwwww that's nice.

Where the fuck is that remake of "Logans Run" when we need it