• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What's you're best visiting DJ/diva drama story

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
why not said:
a certain DJ who missed their last gig in Toronto apparently played in Mexico a little while back and got so wasted in the DJ booth that he pissed his pants and then proceeded to play one song over and over again.

okay, no more of this "certain DJ" shit, people. Just say who it is. Jr. Vasquez? Tiesto? Zabiela?... The guessing game where's thin:):cool:

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I'm starting to think of all of the stupid stories I know and how many of them involve me being one of the really fucked up ones. It's a miracle I never got decked for my behaviour.

Ahh, the 1990s. How I miss them so.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
loopdokter said:
I'm starting to think of all of the stupid stories I know and how many of them involve me being one of the really fucked up ones. It's a miracle I never got decked for my behaviour.

Ahh, the 1990s. How I miss them so.
Well, feel free to indulge and tell us about times when even you have to admit you were a wreck. Let's spice it up, please:D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
todiefor said:
okay, no more of this "certain DJ" shit, people. Just say who it is. Jr. Vasquez? Tiesto? Zabiela?... The guessing game where's thin:):cool:
normally i'd agree, but the promoter who told me this story told me not to quote him.
i think he meant in the press, but still...

i'll give some hints - it was recently that he slept through his toronto gig, and he's not a big enough of a deal to get away with being this much of a trainwreck.

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
I remember being at Atomic in Ottawa a number of years back and it was Canada Day with Ritchie Hawtin and John Aquaviva. The first humorous thing to happen that night was Ritchie Hawtin coming up to my girlfriend at the time and saying "Have you ever heard of Ritchie Hawtin?" reply "Yes, my boyfriend has some tapes of his, they are really good!" His reply "How did he get those I don't have any tapes out! Anyways, I'm Ritchie Hawtin and I'm going to ROCK YOUR WORLD!".......hahahaha...

Second thing, people were hitting around a big beach ball around and it went up to the dj booth and Aquaviva hit it back but people kept hitting it back up to him and all of a sudden he got really mad and smoked it really far, back into the room. I guess he couldn't mix with a ball in his face!

ian

TRIBE Member
Buddy Holly said:
I remember being at Atomic in Ottawa a number of years back and it was Canada Day with Ritchie Hawtin and John Aquaviva. The first humorous thing to happen that night was Ritchie Hawtin coming up to my girlfriend at the time and saying "Have you ever heard of Ritchie Hawtin?" reply "Yes, my boyfriend has some tapes of his, they are really good!" His reply "How did he get those I don't have any tapes out! Anyways, I'm Ritchie Hawtin and I'm going to ROCK YOUR WORLD!".......hahahaha...

Second thing, people were hitting around a big beach ball around and it went up to the dj booth and Aquaviva hit it back but people kept hitting it back up to him and all of a sudden he got really mad and smoked it really far, back into the room. I guess he couldn't mix with a ball in his face!
Was that the first time Richie played Atomic? I was there if so and I have some extra stories ;)

ian

TRIBE Member
why not said:
normally i'd agree, but the promoter who told me this story told me not to quote him.
i think he meant in the press, but still...

i'll give some hints - it was recently that he slept through his toronto gig, and he's not a big enough of a deal to get away with being this much of a trainwreck.
Okay it was me. I'm getting older and don't party anymore so I tend to snooze. Sorry to all my fans!

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
todiefor said:
Well, feel free to indulge and tell us about times when even you have to admit you were a wreck. Let's spice it up, please:D
I can't. I'd incriminate others who probably wouldn't be too impressed.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
loopdoktor was banned for life from the Breathe/System dj booth on the very first night he visited the club .... I think that pretty much sums it up. lol :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
coleridge said:
loopdoktor was banned for life from the Breathe/System dj booth on the very first night he visited the club .... I think that pretty much sums it up. lol :)
Not true. It took me a good while before that happened. I was banned for about 6 months or so and then was allowed back in after Mike and I made up. Haha.

Either way.... :rolleyes: Not good. Now I leave my antics to buttlonless shirts. Haha.

Last edited:

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
kaniz said:
I place my bets on Trevor Lovey

well, I'm going to guess that you're right based on this pearl I pulled form the event review forum:

Posted by Junior:

I organized his pickup and drop off at the hotel... Our good friend actually did the pickup then drop off at the club... then setting up his gear(all his gear was there at the club all night)... Then back to the hotel at 9pm

When we went to pick him up he was MIA... after 5 trips to the hotel and back to the club (checking if he just showed up @ the Social)... we had to give up... hence why I played all night.

He called us at around 4:30am saying he passed out in his room to the point that nothing would wake him up(not our BANGING on the door or anything).

Anyway,

I thought it should be said. He is and was very apologetic.

Hilarious...although not so much for everyone involved I'm sure. But then he follows that up with pissing his pants in the booth at another gig...oh man, what a mess.

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
i remember being at a gig in guelph with "coolridge" and having the uber talk about tracks that will be huge...

he was convinced funkstar deluxe was thebest thing to happen to house music at the time since sliced bread ;)

in all fairness.. it did go number one on the house charts...

but then fell into that ministry of sound commercial playlist..

jazzsax

TRIBE Member
i'm sure we all have stories about mark eg and chris liberator. i've got enough of those on mark that his partner/spouse used to call and check up on him when i'd bring him in (it was usually quite messy)...

Most everyone else was pretty well behaved, except for commander tom. DJ Dan was well behaved, other than never saying no to the Jagerbombs.

Hawtin was well behaved when I brought him in... same with Acquaviva (but man that guy can sure chow down a baseball steak)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
jazzsax said:
i'm sure we all have stories about mark eg and chris liberator. i've got enough of those on mark that his partner/spouse used to call and check up on him when i'd bring him in (it was usually quite messy)...

Most everyone else was pretty well behaved, except for commander tom. DJ Dan was well behaved, other than never saying no to the Jagerbombs.

Hawtin was well behaved when I brought him in... same with Acquaviva (but man that guy can sure chow down a baseball steak)
commander Tom's name has come up once or twice in this thread...

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
djglobalkiller said:
i remember being at a gig in guelph with "coolridge" and having the uber talk about tracks that will be huge...

he was convinced funkstar deluxe was thebest thing to happen to house music at the time since sliced bread ;)

in all fairness.. it did go number one on the house charts...

but then fell into that ministry of sound commercial playlist..
Wow, so dramatic it should be made into a daytime soap.

Promoter mates of mine booked one of the Belleville Three to play a gig in Asia. Said d.j. ravaged a Mexican-style dinner and then proceeded to smoke a fattie before his set. Disappears before his set and one of the promotion team is forced to fill in for him.

They finally tracked him down an hour later - he'd been in the can the entire time and continued to remain in the seated position for most of his set.

Same promoters were asked by Aphrodite to secure some ladies of the evening when he rolled into town for a gig. Couldn't have a go of it on his own before resorting to that?

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
For the most part, the DJs I deal with/are friends with are professional enough to do their partying after the show. There have been many a time where DJs have gone to the airport completely retarded.

That reminds me of Stereo always getting DJs mangled on Friday nights/Saturday mornings and then sending them to Toronto to play on Saturday completely wiped out.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
jazzsax said:

up with lewd stories! down with just name dropping!

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Weren't there some shenanagans when Platipus Soundsystem played at the underground garage 1 week before the Hulla death at said underground garage?