• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What's your relationship status ?

mingster

TRIBE Member
ok i take that back.. My 'date' stood me up. Kind of annoyed. I had plans to see my brother's show and i cancelled so i could go back out on a date with this guy.. He called me at 6pm to say he is just leaving Markham and has to take transit so i said cool. and then he kept texting me on his way.. then all of a sudden no responses.. i waited until like 9pm and was like 'wtf' so I called him and his friend or someone picked up.. he supposedly lost his phone or forgot it.

There are other ways to get a hold of me, like through POF as it goes to your email..

He was texting me all week.. Is that playing head games or what!!

Our first date he actually left his wallet in his friends car which he didn't realize until he was leaving to meet me.. and we've been rescheduling for 2 weeks so he didnt want to bail.. considering i was already on my way to meet him.. so i bought stuff and he didnt and didnt want me to pay for him lol and the '2nd date' he loses his phone (supposedly).

He seems to be a really nice guy and we have a lot in common.. I know shit happens.. he was texting saying that the train was on hold for 30 mins at Finch Subway. All he has to do is apologize.
sounds like a loser. and he's going to be nothing but a pain in the ass if you go on ONE MORE date with him.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Don't give him that much. Sorry to be blunt, but he has already made you wait around for nothing, and knows that. This does not bode well for any future. I don't even have to crack the tarot deck open to know that.
yep.. and guys say that girls in toronto are hard to date.. I think it's just people in Toronto. They're so selfish.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
If he isn't with it enough to keep track of his bare essentials (phone, wallet) on a daily basis, it will be aggravating going forward.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
"losing your wallet" on a first date is really suspect. Cheapness is a deplorable quality in a human being. I'd rather date a compulsive liar.

Taro

TRIBE Member
although to an extent I agree (if you seriously can't keep track of bare essentials, like what's up) - I hate people who lie compulsively - I just don't don't understand it - like why bother?

I was about to get into my recent dating history - but I just don't feel comfortable posting about it - but it ended with me saying "seriously, if you're not interested, just say so - I'm totally not going to be offended" and she was like "I'll call you tomorrow, I promise" - I immediately deleted her - glad I didn't add her on any social media sites

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
If he isn't with it enough to keep track of his bare essentials (phone, wallet) on a daily basis, it will be aggravating going forward.
yeah exactly. it's not a good first time impression. I'm just pissed that i ruined my friday for it.. I had this thing to not change plans for a guy and to not wait around.. but the thing is that i'm always busy. I always have plans and if i'm ever to get into a relationship i'll sometimes have to cancel my plans, that's why i cancelled attending my brother's gig.

If I kept telling a guy that this date won't work, or that date won't work, then they'll probably just give up in wanting to hang with me.

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
ok i take that back.. My 'date' stood me up. Kind of annoyed. I had plans to see my brother's show and i cancelled so i could go back out on a date with this guy.. He called me at 6pm to say he is just leaving Markham and has to take transit so i said cool. and then he kept texting me on his way.. then all of a sudden no responses.. i waited until like 9pm and was like 'wtf' so I called him and his friend or someone picked up.. he supposedly lost his phone or forgot it.

There are other ways to get a hold of me, like through POF as it goes to your email..

He was texting me all week.. Is that playing head games or what!!

Our first date he actually left his wallet in his friends car which he didn't realize until he was leaving to meet me.. and we've been rescheduling for 2 weeks so he didnt want to bail.. considering i was already on my way to meet him.. so i bought stuff and he didnt and didnt want me to pay for him lol and the '2nd date' he loses his phone (supposedly).

He seems to be a really nice guy and we have a lot in common.. I know shit happens.. he was texting saying that the train was on hold for 30 mins at Finch Subway. All he has to do is apologize.
buddy doesnt have the guts to tell you he isnt interested... and doing everything possible for you to get the hint... sorry

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
married my high school girlfriend, together 17 years, married 7 years, with a child of 5 years.

its had its ups and downs, the battles of life challenged with wandering thoughts and temptations, yet through it all she has been my wall, who gets me through life and i know without her, the goals i achieved would not have occurred.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
buddy doesnt have the guts to tell you he isnt interested... and doing everything possible for you to get the hint... sorry
See.. i don't agree with that, as he text me every day (first), if he wasn't interested why would he text me every day and then call me yesterday and proceed to text me. That makes no sense.

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
See.. i don't agree with that, as he text me every day (first), if he wasn't interested why would he text me every day and then call me yesterday and proceed to text me. That makes no sense.
texting and hanging out are different elements

his stories dont add up and are inconsistent, if he truly wanted to meet you he wouldve pulled all stops, and not give up trying to get to you for the date! ie payphone

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
I think something better came up on his way into town. One of his friends texted with something he really wanted to do more.

Personally, my m.o for dating (and it meant I spent more time with myself/friends then on dates) was I didn't spend time with anyone who didn't really want to be there. When someone (think of yourself when you're really into a guy) wants to see you, they will move hell or high water to do it. And if someone is wishy washy or didn't express a concise interest (ex. Are you free Tuesday evening? I want to hang out) I didn't view them seriously as someone interested in me. Didn't blame them, I just didn't set MY expectations up to have full faith they truly dug me.

I also believe that people show you who they are in the first couple weeks of dating them, and often we choose to look past the stuff that we see as red flags if we're really into them. And they will be there forever... Though in 3 months when they're officially a problem it's much harder to leave because of them. Ex a great guy who constantly shows up way late or loses his phone/wallet the first week you're together.

My husband is a moody fuck. I am not, and have only ever surrounded myself with even steven folks like me. Could never deal with moody retarded emo chicks for friends. First couple weeks of dating one night then bf (now husband) got all quiet and huffy all night cause he misinterpreted some behaviour of mine or something I said to imply I wasn't that into him. I was irritated as fuck when we finally had it out, and to this day I'm shocked that i didnt tell him he was a wierdo and to beat it. Well shit if that isn't still the theme to this day...much less so, we're married and there are obviously a million other qualities that heavily outweigh the moodiness and we know how to deal with each other. But fuck I hate it. Lost his fucking phone 2 times the first month we were dating too. Capable, successful man somehow personally can't keep an eye on that shit. BLOWS my gaddamn mind. To this day, prior to him being out of my sight line while drinking alcohol I remind him to check for his wallet/keys/phone/jacket throughout the night to make sure they're all still there. He's mentioned these tips have def 'helped him' and are now part of his routine. (a.k.a the routine of every other normal fucking person)

The short of it, nothing was a surprise. I chose to sweep some stuff under the rug cause I adored him for other stuff. Now it's my circumstance to learn how to deal with for the rest of our life (which I do happily only half the time) So note that shit when something bugs you or you're not a fan. Doesn't mean you have to ditch them, but assess how big a problem it is among your criteria for good relationships (friends & guys) After all if you have a flaky friend, you know they aren't a person you can rely on right? Same thing.

This guy also sucks. I sincerely hope if he contacts you again you rip his face off.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Don't give him that much. Sorry to be blunt, but he has already made you wait around for nothing, and knows that. This does not bode well for any future. I don't even have to crack the tarot deck open to know that.
^This.
Run!

IgStar

TRIBE Member
awwww, Hawky :( sorry to hear the guy turned out to be a total flake!! But I'm board with everyone here, fuck him.
The whole losing of (misplacing, forgetting WHATEVER..semantics) of the wallet and then phone??! like really? what are the odds. no.

NEXT! he sounds like he was just on the fence, something else came up and he was scrambling to tell you something that wouldn't make you shut the door totally.
I fucking hate people that pull that move. It's so low class.

and like Bumbaclat said, cheapness is just NOT a redeeming quality.

move on sister... :) :)

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
"losing your wallet" on a first date is really suspect. Cheapness is a deplorable quality in a human being. I'd rather date a compulsive liar.
ha. this reminds me. the first few times my gf and went out to eat, she always had a problem with either, (a) lost her wallet the day before, or (b) her bank card stopped working mysteriously. Not that she needed it or anything ;), but I totally have to tease her about this again.

erika

TRIBE Member
texting and hanging out are different elements

his stories dont add up and are inconsistent, if he truly wanted to meet you he wouldve pulled all stops, and not give up trying to get to you for the date! ie payphone
he's right; this is someone who gets off on stringing you along; he's probably doing the same thing to 3 other chickies - don't waste your time.

Taro

TRIBE Member
you could say that, yeah. lolololz. (wait til she seez that I'z agrees)
lolz :p hope she doesn't hate on me for posting it! - and to top it off, we've never met! - if we ever do, and she does read this thread, its going to be mighty awkward lolz :p

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I told you to go out with daniel, you didnt listen to me and now must suffer the consequences

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
NEXT! he sounds like he was just on the fence, something else came up and he was scrambling to tell you something that wouldn't make you shut the door totally.
This is most likely what happened. Write him off Hawk Eye.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
awwww, Hawky :( sorry to hear the guy turned out to be a total flake!! But I'm board with everyone here, fuck him.
The whole losing of (misplacing, forgetting WHATEVER..semantics) of the wallet and then phone??! like really? what are the odds. no.

and like Bumbaclat said, cheapness is just NOT a redeeming quality.

move on sister... :) :)
Tnks dude.

Yeah im over it. I was only bummed bc i cancelled plans. I'm a very very very very busy person and my time is very valuable. I was pissed that i cancelled seeing my brothers show so that i could get stood up and do nothing Friday night.

He actually ended up texting me Saturday morning at 11:30am to say that he is 'soooo sorry' and 'how can i make it up to you'

This isn't the first time i've been stood up by someone either.

People are very selfish and inconsiderate!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
< cute tall very active older guy with bacon abs. enjoys long walks in the water (chest deep), cycling, and old disco and soul records. Can speak 6 languages fluently (not really), and skilled in the art of tantric massage.