• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What's Your Biggest Pet Peeve?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
crackass motherfuckers who steal bikes!
Goddammit some crackass motherfucker tried to steal my bike 2 nights ago from my front porch...they managed to fuck up my lock and get one side off! Now im scared to leave it out. Grrrrr :mad:

oh and also dumbass motherfucking drivers who pull out from the side of the road and dont check for cyclists! FUUUUCK YOOOOU!

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~
oh and also dumbass motherfucking drivers who pull out from the side of the road and dont check for cyclists! FUUUUCK YOOOOU!

werd. even worse is when you think they're just pulling out (still about to cut you off), and they they fuckin' u-turn right in front of you.

p.s. my new pet peeve is people who spend the whole time at the gym talking on their cell. there's this wanker who appeared a few days ago at my gym, and i heard his phone ring at least 3 times in the half hour i was there. leave it in your locker, asshole. no one wants to hear your one-sided conversations.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
^^^oh wow.... that would seriously annoy the fuck outta me... i think id have to whack him with a dumbbell.

Last edited:

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Office pet peeves:

People who come up to your desk as you're eating food (have a mouthful), and continue to ask you questions and stand there until you answer it. And even worse, don't apologize for interrupting.

People who come up to you when you're clearly on a call and proceed to have a discussion with you (I've even pointed at my phone and said 'can't talk, on call').
Or you're on a call and they stand there waiting for you to be done.

Subway pet peeves:

When people stand in the doorway when people are trying to exit.

People who don't take off their knapsack and keep ramming it in your back.

People who don't get up for old, injured or pregnant people.

There's lots more, but that was off the top. Luckily I work in a great office/company so it doesn't happen that often and I get over it.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Get email at 10:09 reminding me to reply to an email I had when I was on vacation day monday

I am mid-sentence replying when @ 10:10 another CC'd person on the list chimes in to remind me to reply

DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN IM DOING IT ALREADY!!

lol

djfear

TRIBE Member
Get email at 10:09 reminding me to reply to an email I had when I was on vacation day monday

I am mid-sentence replying when @ 10:10 another CC'd person on the list chimes in to remind me to reply

DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN IM DOING IT ALREADY!!

lol

Reply all and say "Oh I thought I was supposed to just delete this email the morning of my return."

Then put a note on your desk "gone for break" and just as you hear them come out of their office head for the elevator.

orchid

TRIBE Member
- when people knock on my office door, come in to give me something, then leave the door open when they go.

- when people use too much paper towel in the washroom. there are a few very serious offenders at my work, using 4-7 pieces!

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
my pet-peeve still has to do with being stuck in line at the corner grocer, behind some dim-witted lottery-ticket/coupon person.
y'know, the type who has the brain of a snail, and therefore, is not quite cognitively able to process the information being dispensed to them. And so...

wait wait wait .... wait wait.... wait.

How some people manage to exist in this Wall of Dumb is beyond my comprehension. Yet, they're everywhere! The Walking Dumb.

If given a chance, they'd probably vote for Harper, but thankfully, the whole voting process is a bit too much for them. Lottery tickets, and coupons, this is what they know. Maybe.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
My pet peeve is being charged with redeveloping entire software platforms, which in the end nobody cares about. Because they're really only interested in making their 150k paycheque.

Then nothing gets finished, because it's a huge giant political system, only.

Everyone talks about american football, and manages their facebook career.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member

speaking of which... I had a near hit/miss today in a cyclist car accident.
A half-block away from where I actually live, I'm casually riding my bike down the correct-direction of my actual street, when, out of nowhere, some Car-Goon comes charging out of on parking lot in order to get into the other parking lot, directly across the street. And I'm right in the middle.
I had to stop and bark at him. He hit the brakes, stopping just within 3 feet of me. (I was going to get hit no matter what I did, and, in my zen-moment mental brain, I was already calculating the rollover onto his windshield, and how badly broken my right leg would be...)
But whatevs. Goon looked up from his cellphone, hit the brakes just in time. He looked as shocked as I was.

I just left him with a look that said: "What sort of imbecile blasts it out of a car-lot into open traffic without looking?. I mean, SERIOUSLY? Fucking idiot". Anyways, around 20 feet behind me was a large grocer Mack Truck, and I wish this blindsided idiot would've rushed out in front of that.
So, long story short, yeah, we need to ban cellphones and other shit from idiots driving cars.

btw, yeah, close call there