• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What's Your Beef Of The Day?

mingster

TRIBE Member
here's my beef of the day:

OPP set to enforce roadside law

BOB MITCHELL
STAFF REPORTER

Pay attention or pay up.

If you see a police car, ambulance or fire truck parked on a highway with flashing lights, slow down and move to the next lane as soon as you can.

If you don't, you could be hit with a minimum $485 fine — for the first offence.

The penalty jumps to a minimum $1,000 fine for a second offence and could go as a high as $4,000 plus six months in jail and a licence suspension for up to two years.

The legislation has been on the books in Ontario since last April, but provincial police say most drivers have been ignoring the law.

Perhaps because they don't know it exists.

No one has been charged with the offence yet. But starting today, the unofficial grace period is over.

"Our officers have been dodging vehicles for too long ... It's time for us to start clamping down" on violators, said Ontario Provincial Police Superintendent Peter Burns, the force's commander for the Greater Toronto Region.

Four OPP officers have been killed in recent years while officers were stopped on a roadside.

Last year, 18 OPP officers were struck by vehicles while they were standing on the side of the highway dealing with motorists who had been pulled over or who needed the officers' help.

In addition to those incidents, "We've had officers having to dive over their hoods to avoid getting hurt," Burns said. "They've suffered neck and back injuries."

For the immediate future, a second police cruiser will be sent to the scene of collisions to act as a spotter.

"If somebody goes whistling by where one of our officers is stopped talking to a motorist involved in an accident or assisting them in any way, the other officer will catch them," Burns said.

Officers will still use discretion, but "all flagrant violators" will be charged, Burns said. "If they are endangering the life of our officers, we intend to send them a message."

OPP Sergeant Cam Woolley said "it's become a huge problem" throughout the province and police are concerned more officers will be injured as the weather gets worse.

Under the law, even if the emergency vehicle is parked on the shoulder, you're required to move into the next available lane, as soon and as safely as possible.

If the emergency vehicle is parked in the far right lane or on the right shoulder, you're required to move to the lane to the left.

If the emergency vehicle is parked on the left shoulder or in the far left lane, then you must move to the lane to the right.

On a two-lane road, the law doesn't require a driver to pull into the lane with oncoming traffic. But drivers should slow down as much as possible as they approach and pass the emergency vehicle.

Under the legislation, a charge can be laid for failure to slow down and proceed with caution as well as for failing to move into another lane for an emergency vehicle if it is safe to do so.

this cannot be good for traffic flow.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
working out twice a day

and sending reports out to exec's, and then noticing they just delete them, only to ask for them at a later date, saying they never got it.

kuba

TRIBE Member
what the fuck is wrong with that law, mel?

I think people should be fined one thousand per offence if you ask me.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
my beef is that this fucking chick hasnt called me for this fucking interview yet. stupid chick, dont play with my emotions like this:mad:

(.)(.) < here play with mine hamza;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
someone hacked our work site and put some profanity on it, and my boss, computer illiterate as she is, said "well YOU'RE the only one with access to the site!"

yeah, nice one sherlock fucking holmes.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
here's my beef of the day:

this cannot be good for traffic flow.

traffic flow!! (Sorry just noticed this)

fuck traffic flow when people are dying.

kuba

TRIBE Member
my beef is that thread by allie.

I dont know why. fine balance between posting some pics and an hourly diary of events.

it belongs in the nobody cares thread.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
My new-ish dishwasher now leaks, forming puddles on the floor...Grocery Gateway ran out of my favourite yogurt between the time I ordered and the delivery...and someone did a half-assed job yesterday painting my home so now I have to buy the tools and finish it myself.

~jen

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
*inputting stupid email address into the database

*the stupid headache I got from inputting said info into data base

*not getting paid til next week when I should have been paid
this week

*stupid pay cheque will be gone in a second after paying bills

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
what the fuck is wrong with that law, mel?

I think people should be fined one thousand per offence if you ask me.

i think there needs to be changes to the structures.

you know what it's like when you're stuck on the highway and wondering what the hold up is...and it turns out to be just a cop who's pulled someone over. like, we have things to do, and places to go and being help up like that everytime someone gets pulled over is fucked. especially when there's ways around it.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I have a few beefs today.

I had a burger for lunch and it's all I can taste right now, even after gum and some mints.

I forgot one of my books at home so instead of (potentially) doing homework, I'm just sitting here waiting for Tribe to inspire me, and it hasn't happened yet

I don't even have anymore classes today, but I'm stuck at this damn school for another hour.

vinder

TRIBE Member

I dont know why. fine balance between posting some pics and an hourly diary of events.

ahahahahaha

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
because of CNY, i will be home late...

very late....

then have to be up early

very early

for school

meh n' what not :(

KiFe

TRIBE Member

agreed.

I groaned when i saw the title .. something like 'OPEN ME.. FUNNY' begs for a G047se full thread attack. .. haha attention whore much? :)

my day has been easy peazy, lemon squeezy. lunch soon... good times. :)

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
My beef is being hung over and not being able to workout.

And my guts hurt.

And the drive home is gonna suck.

And there are only 2 good looking ladies in my office and they're not even that good looking.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I'm being put back on the telephones today from 230 to 6 and have do customer service bullshit.

I'm going to be real pleasant. :rolleyes: