• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Whats this track / beat?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I have been bumping Wefunkradio.com for a while now. Great treasures in their archive.

IM listening to show 787 and Professor Groove does an interview with afrika bambaataa. About 3/4 way through the interview they drop an old public enemy beat and some dude starts rappin the following:

Clap your hands, somebody say whats the name of this next hit, zulu, zulu, Get on down, Bambaataa. Bambaataa.

I need this beat! Google hasnt dug it up for me, can a triber? Would be awesome!

thanks

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the vocal sample is the Chief Rocker Busy Bee from an old school tape,Zulu Nation Live at the Bronx River Center 1981.
[YOUTUBE]IxlfLtwVE2Q[/YOUTUBE]
too easy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i'm queued on SOulseek to get this in a while, if anyone wants this, let me know and i'll throw it on the web somewhere for ya.
looks like the entire concert, 191 meg give or take.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
edit.
the entire concert is 191 meg...looks like the Zulu Nation part is 45 meg.
i got it if anyone wants it.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
mine and your info brings ya to the song that has the edited vocal.
i've found the original recordings of the concert...rough sounding, crowd response, but seriously cool considering how old it is.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

greginhali

TRIBE Member
the vocal sample is the Chief Rocker Busy Bee from an old school tape,Zulu Nation Live at the Bronx River Center 1981.
[YOUTUBE]IxlfLtwVE2Q[/YOUTUBE]
too easy.
You the man!! Nice find. I would love to hear the rest of the show if you can get it.

Pumping out the track right now on the loud speakers, sounds sweet!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i'll upload the 25 minute file and the 1 hour 20 minute file i have for this concert. Links will be provided tomorrow here. Googling it here gives you lots of info into the history, especially Malcolm Mclaren.