• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

what's the most you would pay for jeans?

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I meant to say that I am NOT into designer jeans.

So the most I would pay is probably 50 to 60.00

designer jeans meaning... like $150.00 pairs of certain brands.
some raver pants were just ridiculous too.. $200.00!

Stop Bill C-10

toejam

TRIBE Member
I just bought a pair of faded SILVER jean in New Brunswick for $75. The best pair of jeans I bought so far. The store even paid the taxes.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
I know how you feel..

I have trouble getting pants or sometimes sweaters bc i'm a tall girl.. 5'9 so they're sometimes short and it sucks :(

yeah, sweaters (or shirts for that matter) are NEVER long enough. urgh. luckily, i seem to not having so much trouble with that now. as for pants, i bought this freakishly long pair at le shit. they were like 2 inches past my heels and i'm pretty tall.

as for jeans, i'm so OVER the typical tight, flared style. i think it's fucking boring. i need some new funky, straight leg ones. for some reason i am in some sort of baggy-ish phase right now. i need something different, which is why i'm shopping on friday :D

rswbrixton

TRIBE Member
I will draw the line at 150.00 for jeans . The last year , of the 3 or 4 pair of jeans purchased , top dollar was around 155 taxes in .

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
You are asking the wrong person. I have a tendancy to spend waaaaay too much on clothing.

I just paid $100 for a wallet! Mind you the bitch overcharged me and I can't go back to Orlando to argue. I justify this by the fact that I scored a new Burberry jacket for only $99us. In the end I spent twice as much as I said I would but hey when you see something you have to have and it's a bargain, you have to take it.

If something looks good, you like it enough and you can afford it then I don't think should be a problem.

jeremy -shopoholic- jive

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
$145.xx

Any more and I'd be mad.
I just bought new jeans tonight... only paid $49.99 + taxes for em.

this is conciderably cheap for me.

theres a pair of $200 jeans at a boutique downtown. I want them hardcore. So I'll save up for em.
I don't think I'll ever buy another pair of jeans that expensive again though if i do follow through.

vox

TRIBE Member
i paid 175 for this italian pair.

where can i find seven jeans? or blue cult? or paper denim and cloth?

and what do the geek boutique algorithms look like?

tribe is great for clothes talk.

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
I would pay a pretty penny for clothing, they have to be nice though, functional materials, comfortable, well cut, stylish. I just got a sweet nike dry-fit shirt, they usually cost like 60 bucks but got it for 40. If you haven't tried dry-fit or anything like that(new balance has some nice dry-fit type stuff) I highly recomend it. It's perfect clothing for partying, get drenched and you will be dry within 40(I can't be sure), but it's waaaaaay better then cotton...fuck seriously, way better. So go try it out, you will fall in love. Down side, they are extremely delicate, don't get them caught on shit.

I'm not a good pant buyer, i'm getting better though.

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox

and what do the geek boutique algorithms look like?

tribe is great for clothes talk.

I also want SEVEN jeans...does anyone know of stores in London ontario where you can get them....or kitchner even?? PLEASE HELP!! i am willing to pay $200 plus on them because they are beautiful.

also, i love working at Bootlegger because once a month we get 50% off a top and bottom..so i always pick up a new pair of Silvers or Mavis or Paracucco's when we get some cool ones in.

Ready to take the next step to SEVENS....they are sooo nice

i bought a pair of DISH jeans...for $130 plus taxes, and i bought my dad a wikkid pair of parasucco's (sp) for about the same price....but they are good jeans, so its worth it.

bArHo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
over the rainbow in yorkville

lol.

I still can't believe what happened on bd.

gold. new merch comes mid jan-end jan or something like that, so come by!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox

Holt's. Some of it is on sale. WAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ah, forget it.

With the deals I score, fuck my original answer of $80.

Jeans are jeans are jeans. If you wear them right and they're the right cut, the cheaper the better.

I'm capping at $60 for jeans.

I got $19 jeans and they're amazing. Everyone thinks they're Diesel or something. Got another pair for $29 just for digging underneath to be curious.

I recently bought a pair of $128 jeans at Mexx for $19.

Just got two great pairs at Club Monaco for $40. Bought 2 pairs at FCUK for $49.

Got $285 jeans for $59.

But my best pair are these wicked dark denim vintage jeans for $5.

kate

TRIBE Member
I've got a JEAN PROBLEM. It has got a little better recently, but not much. The most expensive jeans I have retailed for $365. But I have never paid that much for jeans because I worked at the store I bought em from-which is the key!

The best pair of jeans I have are the miss sixty dublins-the cargo ones that were so hard to find. They're long enough for me, and they're so comfy. $295, but worth every penny.

I like Sevens but I just don't find that they're long enough for me. I feel like I'm wearing floods when I wear mine, unless they're with flip flops. I need at least a 34" inseam or Its just brutal:(

I like the look of chip and peppers and some of the rock and republic jeans also. Frankie B's are also a fave because they're SOOOOOOO low. I cant sit in mine.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SelfExel
I just got a sweet nike dry-fit shirt, they usually cost like 60 bucks but got it for 40. .

I have a lululemon one for the gym - its like wearing a towel! Sucks all that sweat right up (without feeling gross and wet though).

p.s. chip and pepper is still around??

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
I have a lululemon one for the gym - its like wearing a towel! Sucks all that sweat right up (without feeling gross and wet though).

Not to mention how soft and light the stuff is, nike once again thinking ahead, come out with brilliant products.

Lambchops

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PolishPrincess
where did u get them?

I got the "Seven"s at Bergdorf Goodman in New York but they probably have similar styles in Toronto (if not the exact same). I got the Citizens of Humanity from Rainbow. Good luck shopping :)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Craving a pair of Helmut Lang's I tried on. I just can't justify it when I bought the same pair for $19 (down from $128). I guess the name kinda makes them cooler but to be honest, the ones I have now are carbon copies of the Helmut ones.

I heard Voyage makes great pants supposedly.
And I would love a pair of Gucci jeans with a little bit of embroidery on the bum.

Right now, I am really diggin' jeans that feel like they made them out of peach skin. Love it. I wonder how they're going to hold up in the wash.

Do you gals ever wear guys' jeans? I'm thinking not so much.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
I've been digging luxury cords lately. Quite comfy. Kev, there's a $39 black cords at CM that would be great on you. I don't got the butt to fill out that material. But it's really classy feeling. Like, really soft and well-made (not vintage-y) but just slick enough to be sorta mod or punky.

i picked up a pair a few months ago from the outlet for $40. they feel like velvet, and the cut is nice and trim.

as for jeans, i've never paid more then $80. and gap boot cut jeans fit me perfectly, so lately i ahven't paid more then $50 for them. go me.

Suedehead

TRIBE Member
How come so many people spend so much on their jeans?!!

I get SIXTY, ENERGIE, ENERGIE GOLD, DIESEL, NEIL BARRETT, etc... usually for like $50 - $80. Maybe I just constantly have luck. Winner's, different boutiques, doesn't matter I have never spent more than $80 on a pair of jeans.

I do find though that Diesel are just amazing with Energie/Sixty(same manufacturer) a close 2nd.

I also don't think you can beat an old vintage pair of GWG's, Lee's or Levi's.

-E